• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

prepayment to vets

silver jedi

Young Bun
Hi, just wondered if any of you have a prepayment system with your vets, i enquired at mine and they are happy to let me keep a pot of money with them so i dont get caught out in an emergency its working really well for me and i am much happier paying them rather than an insurance company and not having to worry about excess ,paperwork problems and things that are not covered .It also makes me feel confident about going on holiday so that if theres a problem the minders can just go to the vets with no hassle, i am really bad with money so its a relief to have this system, does anyone else do this too?

Afraid not - I asked if my vets would do it but they wouldn't and suggested I put the money in a seperate savings account :lol:

I think its possible to do at my vets (as when you join or refer a friend to them they add £10 to your account) but I just have a savings account :wave:

Not sure, if someone can't pay all the money then it can be settled within a week or whatever. Or if you can't pay any of the money they ask for it within the next 2 days :) Which I think is very nice :) I haven't had to do it yet but it gives me peace of mind if I had an emergency :thumb:

Back