• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need help!!=(

Eunice93

New Kit
My rabbit is about 6 months old and she is not walking properly. she didn't use her left hind leg to support herself but she still used it to scratch her head. she doesn't seem to be in any pain now and still can feel when i touch her left hind leg. When she moves both her hind legs are moving correctly but the left hind leg didn't show any support at all. What is wrong with her>< i hope it isn't hind leg weakness. Her left hind leg is already in this state when i adopt her. The previous owner didn't tell me anything:(

I'd contact the owner and ask if they knew about it and if they did, I'd ask why they didn't tell you.
If they knew and did nothing about it, that would be illegal as if a pet is under someone's ownership; it is the owner's responsibility to seek veterinary help.

I'd also phone up your local rabbit savvy vets and ask for their advice.

Hello

first of all try not to panic and calm down your bun will feel your anxiety. Do you have a rabbit savvy vet? if not let us on ru know where you are and we may be able to help you find one. This could be many different things but the sooner you see the vet the better

good news!

Just made an appointment with a rabbit savvy vet! Hope she will make fast recovery! Thanks everyone for the advice!!!

Back