• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stolen Bunnies

Jan

Warren Scout
Just thought I had better let everyone in the Beds and Bucks area to be on their guard for buns going missing. There were two mixed breed buns taken from a garden here in Leighton Buzzard recently. As they were free range it was first thought they had escaped. There were no gaps in the garden for them to get out and no sign of fur left behind if they had been taken by another animal. We learnt this last week of 3 Netherland Dwarfs being taken from Houghton Regis. Don`t know if they were in an enclosure or free range. On a good note someone has found a chocolate rex roaming around gardens near where they live so have taken it in and advertised the finding in local shops. It made me wonder if this was one that got away. I cannot imagine how these people must be feeling. I would be totaly gutted if my two went missing.

they may be stolen but if they were left unsupervised they may also have been taken by predators..fur is not always left. Foxes, cats and birds of prey will take rabbits..and if same area could mean same predator/family of predators realising pets are easy dinners
An increase in security against human and animal thieves would be sensible including only allowing free range time when owner is in the garden with pets and runs with strong lids on and well attached

they may be stolen but if they were left unsupervised they may also have been taken by predators..fur is not always left. Foxes, cats and birds of prey will take rabbits..and if same area could mean same predator/family of predators realising pets are easy dinners
An increase in security against human and animal thieves would be sensible including only allowing free range time when owner is in the garden with pets and runs with strong lids on and well attached

I don`t know about the Nethies being free range anyway, we just had a phonecall at the shop to let us know about them. Yes it is likely they have been taken by a predator but I am sure the last thing these poor people need is telling they could have been dinner for another creature. The instances were quite a few miles away from eachother. I just thought it was worth warning people to be extra vigilant.

Back