• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Info on neutering at a few weeks old?

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Does anyone know where I can get some information to refer someone to about why it is cruel to neuter at weeks old? Obviously there's some great info on here but I need something more official - fairly urgently. Can anyone help?? Thank you x

I don't know if there are any info, as it's a pretty new thing in rabbits. I would say a young rabbit undergoing a major surgery could wreck havoc on their delicate digestions. Also there is no vet in the UK experienced enough to neuter one.

Have a look at early neutering in cats and dogs, I know it's common for it to happen at about 10-12 weeks old and they bounce back, but not sure if many support 5 week olds getting neutered.

Does anyone know where I can get some information to refer someone to about why it is cruel to neuter at weeks old? Obviously there's some great info on here but I need something more official - fairly urgently. Can anyone help?? Thank you x

Are you in the UK? I doubt they would find someone willing to neuter that early. Hope you get it sorted.

Are you in the UK? I doubt they would find someone willing to neuter that early. Hope you get it sorted.

I don't think this will be the case for much longer though :( That is why I need the information, I wish I could say more. Thanks for input so far.

This was part of the "Pet @ Home debate" and there is no info on rabbits. It's routine for cats and dogs in the states and the data on that would suggest it doesn't cause an issue. There's also data on ferrets, but no specific research on rabbits has been done.

Back