• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He Won't Eat and I'm Terrified

Cari

Warren Veteran
I've woken up for work and put Stephen out his pellets, he's completely ignored me and isn't even tempted by a naughty piece of apple or carrot. The OH thinks I'm over reacting but I'm terrified something is really wrong. I've got to go to work but the OH says when he wakes up he will check his bowl to see if it's empty, which will be in 4 hours. If it isn't I'll be coming home and taking him to the vets. Is this too late/too long? It's my first day today, I can't ring in, not today.

I don't know what to do, someone help.

I don't know, he lives downstairs and has no pellets left out overnight. His hay looks almost untouched though and he's a good hay easter usually.

If a bunny is not eating, it is recommended that they are seen by a vet urgently, as they can go downhill so quickly.

A few that I can see, although his cage is due to be cleaned today so they could be from yesterday.

I've got the OH looking after him at the moment. Do I need to go home and vets?

Difficult, isn't it.
All I can say is that I would get my bunny to the vet asap if not eating.

Do you have a garden? Can oh take him out and get him moving? this sometimes works but if no improvement fairly quickly then yes vets xxx hope he gets on ok xxx

Do you have a garden? Can oh take him out and get him moving? this sometimes works but if no improvement fairly quickly then yes vets xxx hope he gets on ok xxx

We have a tiny garden but he hates it outside, he's free ranging in the house though, just not moving much, he was curled up on the sofa when I came down this morning.

Really hope he has eaten his pellets.

Thank you, nothing yet, I'm getting really worried.

I dont see why your other half cant take him, if he has nothing better to do than sleep. :? Tell him what to say to the vet, and make sure he asks for pain relief, if your vet is half-way decent they'll do the rest.

Is your OH up now? Does Stephen have a bloated feeling tummy?

He is up and sitting with him, tummy didn't feel bloated when I checked but will ask.

I dont see why your other half cant take him, if he has nothing better to do than sleep. :? Tell him what to say to the vet, and make sure he asks for pain relief, if your vet is half-way decent they'll do the rest.

OH can't drive so cannot take him or he would do. He could get a taxi but I'd have to leave work anyway as he runs a pub and needs to be there as he has the keys.

I've just thought, his water bowl was full this morning too, not touched.
I need to go home. I need to look after him and be with him.

Just waiting for next update off OH, was going to try him with some herbs.

Vibes for him hunni - echoing others trip to the vet. I know it's hard but try and stay calm and we will all help where we can.

Big hugs - keep us updated. Pm box is always open xx

I've just thought, his water bowl was full this morning too, not touched.
I need to go home. I need to look after him and be with him.

Just waiting for next update off OH, was going to try him with some herbs.

He'll likely need fluids and pain relief as a minimum and further investigations - good luck.

Back