• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Residence (Herts) volunteers

catxx

Mama Doe
Anyone else here volunteer at RR? Caroline is in desperate need of more!

I took the day off and went over yesterday, was working my butt off from 10am til 6pm, only did about 1/4 of clean outs/sweep ups of poops. I was there on me own for most of the day as Caroline got caught up with paperwork and then had to do bunny medications.

Going to find another Monday next month to go over again. Every muscle in my body is hurting today, so it must be good for me!

Anyone else volunteer or able to volunteer especially on weekdays? Mondays are especially short staffed. I think on Wednesdays, but not every Wednesday, she's got 4 members of staff from The Mayhew going up there to learn/help out which is pretty cool.

Would love to have had a hand yesterday! Is daunting being in a field with 100 rabbits and just yourself and a dust pan and brush :shock:

Last edited:
Pea and Pod came from the Rabbit Residence and having visited several times, I know exactly how hard Caroline and her team of volunteers work.

I wonder if my local rescue centre would want a volunteer, I'd love to help out for a day. Maybe I should give them a call, I'm guessing you don't need any qualifications and I love rabbits

I wonder if my local rescue centre would want a volunteer, I'd love to help out for a day. Maybe I should give them a call, I'm guessing you don't need any qualifications and I love rabbits

Just a willingness to get mucky, get splinters and not mind being around grumpy bunnies! I got sprayed with pee by one bun very grumpy I'd swept up his poo corner on Monday :roll:

I have now booked off a Monday in July and another in August to go down and help Caroline. It's about 45 minutes drive from me, if I was closer I'd be down there every evening after doing my buns!

Hi Catx

can I suggest you re-post this thread with the location in the title as that would mean people within travelling distance are instantly alerted. I know a few members in Herts but cant comment on their schedules.

Thanks.

Hey, every couple of months we go to stay with my boyfriends parents in stevenage (I always go when Im off) am next due to go up beginning of august; I know it wouldnt be regular but if you need any help when Im in the area I would be happy to come over for the day and do whatevers needed :)

Hey, every couple of months we go to stay with my boyfriends parents in stevenage (I always go when Im off) am next due to go up beginning of august; I know it wouldnt be regular but if you need any help when Im in the area I would be happy to come over for the day and do whatevers needed :)

You would be very welcome! As long as you don't mine getting mucky and doing sweeping :). Contact Caroline via email on her website or by the RR profile on Facebook.

I was there Sunday and Monday this week. Full body work out! Was there with one other on Sunday, but all by myself Monday o-O. Took 2 hours to give everyone breakfast, in the rain! Think I cleaned out 3 hutches, 3 sheds, 3 runs of sheds, 3 aviaries and a dozen litter trays, and that barely scratched the surface :(

Cat,

I really want to set aside some time to help Caroline. Last time I was there with you we laid slabs - I am naff at this sort of thing, DIY is just not my forte :oops:

I can certainly shovel poop though. When does she need the most help? At the moment I have a poorly bunster needing twice daily meds, but I would like to try and work something out. I know that my Mum would be interested in lending a hand too, though probably when Fifi is a bit better.

Steph x

Cat,

I really want to set aside some time to help Caroline. Last time I was there with you we laid slabs - I am naff at this sort of thing, DIY is just not my forte :oops:

I can certainly shovel poop though. When does she need the most help? At the moment I have a poorly bunster needing twice daily meds, but I would like to try and work something out. I know that my Mum would be interested in lending a hand too, though probably when Fifi is a bit better.

Steph x

The only day she has a lot of help there really is Saturday. It's often just Vikki on Sundays and Caroline is often on her own on Mondays! Her regular Tuesday people have some family stuff going on so they can't come down quite as often. Send Caroline or Vikki a message! Honestly, ANY day she's happy for an extra hand really! There's always SO much cleaning to do everywhere! If only we could put corks up bunny bottoms >_<

Even if its just half a day, such as to help dish out the morning brekkie and do some litter trays to let Caroline get back to the office and do emails/special needs buns is a big help! Especially with the weather being so bad, it's a fly Mecca so a lot of poop corner sweeping is needed.

I'm next there all day (probably 10 till 6.30) Monday 13th August. May consider the Sunday afternoon prior also but not sure yet!

I wish I could but sadly I'm too far away:cry:
I'm gutted because I'd love to volunteer at rescues but there's barely any close to me.

Best of luck, you're all wonderful people!:D

I'm not a volunteer with Caroline because I'm too far away but she has been amazing helping me with a situation I needed some assistance with. I hope to repay her sometime for what she has done for the bunnies involved.

Cat - have emailed Caroline - I might not be around much initially as my little Fifi is taking up a lot of my time currently, but I have put myself forward - am desperate to do something to help. Maybe see you soon x

I have used Caroline to board my two rabbits and she even bonded them for me, so as soon as i get my car issue sorted (its about a 45min drive from where i live if i remeber rightly) i will contact her and volunteer to help her out as soon as i can. .

Back