• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone tried Excel Sensitive pellets?

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I saw them in Pets at Home and they're 25% fibre! Sounds great. But I need to know how they soak up water. It says they have longer fibre which could be an issue with Grim. I tried him with the Fiba First but he couldn't manage those due to the long strands of hay (he has no teeth). If I can get more fibre in him that would be great. I'm going to see if they'll send me a free sample. :)

http://www.burgesspetcare.co.uk/excelfeedingplan/about-the-feeding-plan/sensitive-nuggets.html

I've tried them as I had a few stasis issues and wondered if they'd help, but they haven't suited us at all. All my buns started losing sigificant amounts of weight. They have all been moulting heavily so some weight loss is normal for them but even my greedier buns looked scrawny. I put them back on ss and they're much better condition.

Poppy has mature SS but I really want to move her onto the new SS with 25% fibre. The only problem is the mature SS keeps her teeth down because of how hard and small they are whereas the new SS is like the normal SS Donny and Lola has and Poppy refuses to eat it because they are longer pellets:shock::lol:

Would he be able to have the new SS soaked?

I'll have to see if I can get some fiba first for Poppy, she has teeth but she's a nightmare :roll::lol: she can't grip anything like hay so can only eat her pellets.

I've tried them as I had a few stasis issues and wondered if they'd help, but they haven't suited us at all. All my buns started losing sigificant amounts of weight. They have all been moulting heavily so some weight loss is normal for them but even my greedier buns looked scrawny. I put them back on ss and they're much better condition.

Sounds perfect for Smoo!

Grim is refusing to eat on his own since the 'episode' a couple of days ago, so to stop him going into stasis I'm feeding them together. Which means Smoo is eating a lot more than she should. What's better for one bunny is worse for the other. Not a fun balancing act. :?

The lovely people at Excel said they don't have sample packs but are going to take some out of the bag they have in the office and send it to me. And even reminded me to introduce it slowly. :D

Poppy has mature SS but I really want to move her onto the new SS with 25% fibre. The only problem is the mature SS keeps her teeth down because of how hard and small they are whereas the new SS is like the normal SS Donny and Lola has and Poppy refuses to eat it because they are longer pellets:shock::lol:

Would he be able to have the new SS soaked?

I'll have to see if I can get some fiba first for Poppy, she has teeth but she's a nightmare :roll::lol: she can't grip anything like hay so can only eat her pellets.

Is it like the old science selective? He could manage that, it was larger but still soaked well. It's just more difficult for me to get hold of.

Is it like the old science selective? He could manage that, it was larger but still soaked well. It's just more difficult for me to get hold of.

It looks like it on the bag, I would like to get Poppy on it because of the fibre but she won't eat them :? No idea why but I don't want to change her over and then she needs a dental because of that..

Damn rabbits :roll: :lol:

I've tried them with Daisy and she hated them! In the past she has eaten P@H pellets, Regular excel and SS pellets but she refused to eat these! I will happily send anyone some to try if they want :)

not tried them, can you not get sample packs, our vets gave us a sample pack of the newer ss for sox last week, even though we feed ss anyway, so we got extra :lol:

Back