• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oooh a new bunny pellet food in the pet store

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
I was fuming...I'd dropped merlin at home and went by taxi to a big pet store...jollies who have always got science selective pellets in. The taxi waited for me......I was in tears....no science selective they don't stock it anymore! She tried to make me buy some yellow bag of food which she claimed was the nearest to it....turned out it was their own and had......10o/o fibre! Um no thanks.
Looking wildly around I plumped for a small bag of excel...but not the oregano one. Then a packet caught my eye....paper bag....green....British bunny pellets.....seemed ok....17o/o fibre....not great but ok for now. I found it online and was about to link to it.....when I noticed a search find a few down the list........how dumb do I feel now.

This wonderful NEW bunny food with a bit of grape and apple juice to tempt merlin and lily to eat as they're both dental bunnies and both have strictures in their guts....then once they et they also eat piles of hay.

The brand HARRINGTONS is actually a renamed old product.......WAGG OPTIMUM PELLETS.

Doh!

Sorry if it's been posted before ...I haven't been on here that much or online either lol. If I've made the goof up least it will help others who discover this wonderful new bunny food at such a decent price.

Merlin came to us on WAGG pellets and stayed on them until he was with Bertie then it was a sprinkle of WAGG on ss food but merlin decided he preferred the ss food ...guess WAGG may have altered the recipe. WAGG has always had some apple juice in it and it tempts him to eat but I know it's fattening etc don't worry. ESP as it now has grape juice too!

I have two teaspoons of ss left and 3 bunnies to feed.....I've searched online and seapets have the smaller 3kg bags of ss for 24hrs delivery....but that means from tomorrow....so I am hoping a little mix of the pellets as the vets fed him excel anyway.....will be ok.....for all 3 of them.

Yeah... I spent ages trying to find Wagg pellets, until I googled it and realised that Harringtons is just the new branding and are exactly the same pellets as before :roll:

I'm on-call tonight Debbie but could bring some SS over tomorrow if you like - just to keep you going. Sam ordered me three of the huge bags on-line and had them delivered to hers (as I am always at work)and I have about 1/4 of one left.

If you would like me to come over just text me. I'd love a Dylan cuddle anyway. I am off work tomorrow, probably sleeping in the morning if I work all night and am visiting Sam in the afternoon but I could come over before I go to Sam's.

My buns get Wagg sometimes. I am lucky that I can change their food and it doesn't seem to upset them at all. They don't seem as keen on SS at the moment so it may be time for me to get some excel for a while. I think they get bored - which is understandable.

Back