• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'shrooms!

Angie B

Wise Old Thumper
We have a fairy ring in our front garden :shock: Not too much of a problem, but just a nuisance.

Sadly, they seem to have spread into our back garden. I have offered the bunnies one, to see if they'd eat it (making sure I could snatch it away if they made to take a bite) and it appeared that although they sniffed it, they didn't even open their mouths, so I'm hoping they won't eat them.

I'm just hoping they'll ignore them as there's absolutely nothing that can be applied to get rid of shrooms as it's a fungus in the soil. It's annoying and a bit worrying, as the shrooms are toxic I believe :shock:

Everything I've read says mushrooms should not be eaten by rabbits or other pets. I currently have a young dog who thinks anything she sees should go in her mouth and I'm in mortal terror of fall arriving as mushrooms will be everywhere here. :(

Back