• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've done it! I bought hay...

PinkBun

Alpha Buck
Out of my own money! A small size bag won't last long but I did it! Mum wasn't happy ):

But I've decided..
Whatever bun wants. Bun gets.

(Within reason ;) ).

Sam and Snowy X

Also! I'm on the way to getting a job! Few interviews coming up! :)

Last edited:
:? That's great, but does your mum not let you give hay to your bunny???

Mum buys straw instead of hay but I told her, I want full responsability over snowy! So don't feed her or clean her out she's mine! So I'm buying things! If I get a job, I'll buy loads of stuff! I saw a lovely huge indoor cage 30quid and a run 40 quid! I'll save up and treat bun! :)

Mum buys straw instead of hay but I told her, I want full responsability over snowy! So don't feed her or clean her out she's mine! So I'm buying things! If I get a job, I'll buy loads of stuff! I saw a lovely huge indoor cage 30quid and a run 40 quid! I'll save up and treat bun! :)

Are you looking at moving her indoors?

I'm glad you brought her some hay! :thumb: if you have a local farm nearby you can usually buy half a bale for the same price as some of the smaller bags in large pet shops if you are able to get there etc.

I'm so glad that lovely Snowy is starting to get everything she needs! :)

Well done! :thumb: If you wanted her indoors then for that money you could buy an 8 panel metal run :D that way you can bend it into a shape you need and it gives more room so she isn't cooped up :D just stick a blanket over the top and voila! :D

Maybe now your mom will realise how much you want to change Snowy's life! :love: and hay is a brilliant start! :thumb:

Are you looking at moving her indoors?

I'm glad you brought her some hay! :thumb: if you have a local farm nearby you can usually buy half a bale for the same price as some of the smaller bags in large pet shops if you are able to get there etc.

I'm so glad that lovely Snowy is starting to get everything she needs! :)

I want her indoors!! Mum needs pursuading but if she let's me then yes! I dislike her being outdoors I feel she'll freeze or something she's on her own poor mite! It was a huge cage and she'd go outside in the day in the run and in on a night! I know about them not being locked in! :p I've being doing my research!

Well done! :thumb: If you wanted her indoors then for that money you could buy an 8 panel metal run :D that way you can bend it into a shape you need and it gives more room so she isn't cooped up :D just stick a blanket over the top and voila! :D

Maybe now your mom will realise how much you want to change Snowy's life! :love: and hay is a brilliant start! :thumb:

Thank you! I sure hope so *thumb*

I want her indoors!! Mum needs pursuading but if she let's me then yes! I dislike her being outdoors I feel she'll freeze or something she's on her own poor mite! It was a huge cage and she'd go outside in the day in the run and in on a night! I know about them not being locked in! :p I've being doing my research!

Having bunnies indoors is wonderful, Stephen lives indoors permanently and I love it :) although you have to be careful not to play bunny football... :roll:
She shouldn't freeze outside, they are very hardy little animals, you have to be careful that she doesn't get too hot though as rabbits can overheat quite quickly.

Most indoor cages aren't really big enough, although it is great you've been doing your research! If you want to bring her inside you would need to bunny proof a room, or maybe increase the space she has access to with a puppy pen attached to the cage so she isn't cooped up. Rabbits are active most at dusk and dawn (as I'm sure you know) so keeping her in a cage overnight is not ideal because she may be wide awake and bouncing about at 4-6 am. :)

It's lovely to see you doing your research and making big chances for Snowy, keep posting and we'll all do what we can to give you lots of advice! :)

That's a great start. My bunnies and chinchillas really like the hay from Sainsbury's that's £1.99 so nice and cheap if you need some more.

That's a great start. My bunnies and chinchillas really like the hay from Sainsbury's that's £1.99 so nice and cheap if you need some more.

We live nowhere near a sainsbury's I got the hay from yorkshire trading, skipton!

Update: Did a full clean out and bedded her down with newspaper shreads, straw over and in her 'hidden' compartement I filled it with hay, and filled her 'haynet' with grass :oops:
I hope she's ok, she has had some time outside, although not long as i've been out all day!
I'm trying so hard and snowy already looks better!

Also, I've asked mum for a run I saw for my birthday.. She didn't say no ;)

hehehee :)
hi008.jpg

Bun eating some fresh grass before bedtime!

Last edited:
Great, glad you managed to get some hay!
It would be lovely if you could have her inside, it might help your mum bond with her a bit more as well. :love:

Great, glad you managed to get some hay!
It would be lovely if you could have her inside, it might help your mum bond with her a bit more as well. :love:

I sure hope so, I keep talking about the run and the indoor cage I saw! I asked for money for my birthday and made it clear it was going towards them! I'd love snowy inside! She'd be inside at night or on bad weather days and outside on nice dry days! (when I get a run)

I'm getting right into the bunny spirit, think i'm getting obsessed :D
Now on eBay searching for toys, cages, runs, everything!

Also, she liked her hay! It's full to the roof in her 'bed' area and she's eating it!
Have I given her too much?!

Another thing on my birthday list!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wider-Tun...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item43b05505e5
:love::love::love:

I sure hope so, I keep talking about the run and the indoor cage I saw! I asked for money for my birthday and made it clear it was going towards them! I'd love snowy inside! She'd be inside at night or on bad weather days and outside on nice dry days! (when I get a run)

Also, she liked her hay! It's full to the roof in her 'bed' area and she's eating it!

You can never give too much hay. :D

You can never give too much hay. :D

That's awesome then :D
I'm happy she's ok! She seems brighter in herself. She used to hate my stroking her but now she comes to my hand and loves cuddles :)
Think secretly she likes me letting her out and feeding her treats! :D

She's my baby! :)

Another thing on my birthday list!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wider-Tun...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item43b05505e5

Glad she is liking the hay! There is no such thing as too much!

All the rabbit toys you can buy are lovely, but if your funds are limited, I would personally put it all towards bigger accomodation. Mine are just as happy with cardboard boxes, toilet roll tubes and lots of hay to munch.
Obviously toys and tunnels and stuff are great as a treat too!

Back