• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Victoria Beckham allegedly funding cruelty to rabbits

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
She is allegedly hiring live rabbits that have been dyed pink for her daughter's birthday party. I'm lost for words on this, could she be more irresponsible?

... How do you dye rabbits?
Is it similar to how they dye sheep and poodles? :shock:

as if breeding one of the best preditors on the planet to look like a fluffy little pompom isnt demeaning enough...
now we want to make them pink....

Id love someone to dye this guy pink:lol:
Snarling-Gray-Wolf-006.jpg

Does it actually hurt them?

Even if the dye doesn't harm them, the experience and the bathing will be unnecessary stress. Add on that the stress of being carted to a party for a few hours where there will be lots of young children, then carted back to wherever they came from. It's just cruel and unnecessary.

Does it actually hurt them?

I would imagine for a rabbit the process of being dyed would be hugely stressful.

It's yet another example of people doing things purely for their own entertainment and 'benefit'...things that have absolutely no value or benefit to the animal itself :(

I don't really see dying dogs hair as 'cruel', I mean my dog goes to the groomers every 4 or so months and really doesn't like standing there for ages but it's necessary to keep his coat trimmed nicely to stop tangles etc. So in theory I don't have a problem with it, I just genuinely don't see why people would actually want to do it? I think it makes the dogs look horrible and un-natural, and that blue mohican is done terrible and all the blue dye is feint all over the poor dogs face anyway, so can't see how it could have avoided the eyes!

However in rabbits I think it's a completely different kettle of fish, bathing and dying a rabbit probably really stresses it out, then being paraded around infront of kids. No thankyou! :evil:

Also, depends on the type of dye they use. Some use water based, some oil etc.

All the same, its a ******* rabbit for god sake, not a ******* plaything.

Stupid ******* woman.

Obviously its is un neccesary and cruel.... but, WHY? There is actually no point! How old is her daughter? One or two? She probably wont even realise or remember!
Hope its just a stupid rumour

One. And it's for publicity. :roll:
Oh and probably because she's been waiting for a girl so she can do pink princessy things. :roll: :roll:

Back