• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My pond is so full because of tropical storm Debby

William

Wise Old Thumper
Back to the level it used to be before the drought!

This morning:

June20123128.jpg

5 days ago - you can tell the difference by looking at that concrete box, you see the white pipe on the side is completely covered now as well as the yellow line across the box that marks the level that it used to usually be at.

June20123129.jpg

For comparison, this was how it was May 19th before tropical storm Beryl. It was actually at least 5 ft lower than even that (the lowest it's ever been in the several years we've lived here) but we had a couple of thunderstorms with heavy showers around May that filled it a little bit.

May2012988.jpg

May2012986.jpg

May20121033.jpg

So many areas are flooded now and we're supposed to get at least 5 more inches of rain today :shock:

Mostly just a lot of rain that comes and goes a lot. Sometimes it pours, sometimes it just sprinkles. It's very random. It poured pretty much all Sunday night with a lot of wind. But yesterday morning it didn't rain after 7am except for one brief spell, then it started raining again around 4pm and continued most of last night, and has sprinkled most of this morning.

We're used to really short afternoon thunderstorms in the summer so it's weird how little sun and how much rain there's been! :shock:

Yeah, there's hundreds of bluegill sunfish and at least 5 of these large unknown fish (possibly American Shad). And many turtles though I'm not sure what all of them are. I know theres at least 1 Florida softshell turtle - we used to have 2 of them but i havent seen the other in awhile. And lots of frogs and toads live in/around the pond :D

Back