• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taking 2 newly bonded buns to the vet - Qs

BrambleBerry

Warren Scout
Hi, i'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread so i'm sorry if it's wrong.

I am taking Bramble and Alfie to the vets on Thursday and i am a bit nervous of them fallung out. They were bonded last week with no issues. They are sharing a cage and the spare room. But i need to take them to the vets on thursday and i don't know if i should take them in the same carrier or use 2. Also what are the chances of them falling out?

I don't want to upset the friendship they have :(

Don't worry, you are in the right place :wave:

Bonded buns should go in the same carrier to the vet if you have one big enough. You may actually find that the trip cements their bond further - some people use a car trip to help bond bunnies as the stress of the trip makes them comfort each other and become closer :D

Is the vets trip totally necessary? I only ask, as it is still very early on in a bond and the strange smells may be enough to upset them.

That said, i totally 100% agree with Coinenach that a car journey in a carry case can do wonders :)

Back