• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eeeeek, I've just found a bunny!! U/D p18 he's gone home

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
I got home from Tesco and my next door neighbour (knowing me to be the mad bunny lady of the street :oops:) came out to tell me there was a rabbit hopping around in the alleyway opposite. Luckily he/she was very easy to catch - we literally just surrounded him and nudged his bottom till he walked into the cat carrier and he's now in a run in the garden with some hay and water.

I have a feeling who it belongs to so have put a note through the door and I'm going to knock other neighbours once I've unpacked my shopping. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do if I can't track down the owners today but I'll worry about that when the time comes. :shock::lol:

He/she is gorgeous and mahoosive compared to my two littlies.

Oh my! :shock:

Good luck in tracking down his owners. I suppose it wouldn't be right to ask for a photo of someone else's rabbit? What colour is he?

Bunny is an orange lop. :love::love:

I don't know if it's a boy or girl - I got thumped at the first time I approached :shock: so we haven't manhandled him/her.

Aww! Fingers crossed that bunny's owners are home soon and come and find him/her.

Hope you find the owner soon! This is how Molly came into my life so be careful! :lol:

:shock: Don't tell me that. :lol:

So far no luck. :( The lady who I think is most likely to be the owner is out as are most of the other neighbours! I've spoken to a few and none of them know anybody with bunnies who might be missing him. Oh, and I got one suggestion of keeping him for the pot.

I'm printing out some flyers atm and I'll get the kids to help me post them/put them up on lamp-posts when they get in soon. I'm wondering whether it's worth taking him to the local vet on the off chance he's microchipped too.

You probably know this as you're an almighty mod, but don't put a description of him on the flyer. Let them describe him to you so you know he goes back to his real owner and not as snake food.

You probably know this as you're an almighty mod, but don't put a description of him on the flyer. Let them describe him to you so you know he goes back to his real owner and not as snake food.

:lol::lol:

Yep, no description - it just says 'rabbit found'. :thumb:

:shock: Don't tell me that. :lol:

So far no luck. :( The lady who I think is most likely to be the owner is out as are most of the other neighbours! I've spoken to a few and none of them know anybody with bunnies who might be missing him. Oh, and I got one suggestion of keeping him for the pot.

I'm printing out some flyers atm and I'll get the kids to help me post them/put them up on lamp-posts when they get in soon. I'm wondering whether it's worth taking him to the local vet on the off chance he's microchipped too.

:lol: Sorry!

I put up some posters, phoned the vets and local rescues, asked around. Somebody obviously didn't want her back so I kept the little monster :love:

Hope you manage to find where this little bunny belongs!

Have Alfie and Bubbles shown any signs of realising their is a bunny guest on the premises?

They seemed blissfully unaware. :lol:

Thumper (a 7 mth old buck) has now gone back home to his dog kennel/run across the road. :love::love: Most of the run's on patio slabs but a corner of it was on grass and he'd managed to dig out of that, under the fence and out into the alleyway. His escape route's now blocked. ;)

DSCF6979.jpg

They seemed blissfully unaware. :lol:

Thumper (a 7 mth old buck) has now gone back home to his dog kennel/run across the road. :love::love: Most of the run's on patio slabs but a corner of it was on grass and he'd managed to dig out of that, under the fence and out into the alleyway. His escape route's now blocked. ;)

DSCF6979.jpg

He he! Naughty boy, glad he's home safe though :) :thumb:

Back