• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad news ...BARC sponser bunny HOPE

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Hope is a very poorly bunny at the moment ... her arthritus is very bad and she has terrible muscle wastage around her back end ... yesterday she was also struggling to control her front legs .. :(

Its breaking my heart but I think its almost time to let her go ..:(

Shes still eating ... but is struggling to get around . She falls over a lot , but at the moment is usualy managing to get back up herself ..but Im frigtened of her getting stuck when Im not there . :(
Her quality of life is slipping away ...:(

I will give her a day or two in the sunshine ... then will have to malke a decision I think .:(

I'm so sorry, Angie. Dylan's arthritis has worstened too but fortunately giving him tramadol as well as metacam seems to have worked for now and he is back eating again and generally being Dylan. He can still hop around too - but doesn't bother unless there is something to hop for!!

I hope Hope does get to spend some really happy days in the sun. The vet and I are trying to give Dylan one more summer.

It is so hard knowing when to let them go, isn't it?

Thinking of you and Hope and sending her loads and loads of vibes xxxxx

I'm so sorry, Angie. Dylan's arthritis has worstened too but fortunately giving him tramadol as well as metacam seems to have worked for now and he is back eating again and generally being Dylan. He can still hop around too - but doesn't bother unless there is something to hop for!!

I hope Hope does get to spend some really happy days in the sun. The vet and I are trying to give Dylan one more summer.

It is so hard knowing when to let them go, isn't it?

Thinking of you and Hope and sending her loads and loads of vibes xxxxx

glad Dylan is responding ...

we think Hope has other things going on as well ... her weight is dropping off .:(

I ve spoken to the vet and we are seeing her with Hope tonight .. We may try steroid injections as she has responded to steroids in the past ... but TBH I feel that this time its very different ... :(...I dont think theres much we can do .

Back