• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Do I...

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
Get a rabbit used to using a ladder / slope?

I put Ben up the top to try him out but he couldn't get down. he was to scared to climb down, is there anyway to help him get used to it and be able to use it?

SAM_0460.jpg

SAM_0459.jpg

I've just looked at the photos and I agree with the others, that's quite steep. I would get a couple of bricks (or something similarly sturdy) and put them underneath the bottom of the ramp to make it less steep, it will mean that he will have to jump the last little bit but that's perfectly do-able for most bunnies. I reckon if you stick a brick or two under there, he will work it out fairly quickly.

I've just looked at the photos and I agree with the others, that's quite steep. I would get a couple of bricks (or something similarly sturdy) and put them underneath the bottom of the ramp to make it less steep, it will mean that he will have to jump the last little bit but that's perfectly do-able for most bunnies. I reckon if you stick a brick or two under there, he will work it out fairly quickly.

Thank you for your help x

With our buns, we put them at the bottom & they were more willing to explore upwards than come downwards, if you see what I mean!

Also take into consideration the fact that his eyesight might not be all that good as is the case with REWs. You could try putting hin halfway to teach him how to do it.

Agree with others.... looks a bit steep... especially with one side being open..
Id be a bit scared bunny would fall off and injure itself.
How about building a few steps for bunny to jump down rather than one steep drop :wave:

sorry but what does REWs mean? x

Red Eyed White.

Red eyed (or albino) bunnies often are short sighted, so are more likely to startle if they don't hear you coming etc. It might also make him reluctant to try a steep ramp down as he may not be able to see where it is going.

Try placing him at the bottom & put favourite foods at intervals up the ramp & at the top - food often helps their curiosity overcome their fears!

Red Eyed White.

Red eyed (or albino) bunnies often are short sighted, so are more likely to startle if they don't hear you coming etc. It might also make him reluctant to try a steep ramp down as he may not be able to see where it is going.

Try placing him at the bottom & put favourite foods at intervals up the ramp & at the top - food often helps their curiosity overcome their fears!

Thank you so much for your help and explaining that :)

Back