• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unhappy bunny

Pol90

New Kit
We were forced to separate our male bunnies due to fighting, very regretfully but for their own safety. We plan to adopt a doe for our male as soon as we can - at a place who deal with bondings and rescues.

However, he's acting very differently at the moment - he went from being really really happy, binky-ing and running round for ages, but he then started to realise he's on his own and has now become nervous and worried all the time. So unlike him :(
He's eating and pooping fine but I can't help but worry. I'm not 100% it's fully to do with the separation but most likely - also the neighbours kids have been banging footballs against the houses now its warmer which hasn't helped.

Until we get him a friend, can anyone suggest how to make him happier? Or is it just a matter of time?

Thanks.

They're about 8 months and yes neutered a while ago... They momentarily got along okay after being neutered and then it was back to chasing and fighting so we had no choice...

How long had they lived together? I had two neutered boys who after two years started to fight. It turned out one of them had teeth problems and when that was sorted out I was able to re-bond them. Do you still have both buns? Just seen you reply. Have you had them both checked at the vets to make sure it's not a health issue.

They were from the same litter.. They started fighting before they were neutered unfortunately and it slowly got worse. They have since seen the vet a couple of times and all seems alright - they just never really got along.
The other bunny is currently living with some females and getting on very well apparently.

How long had they lived together? I had two neutered boys who after two years started to fight. It turned out one of them had teeth problems and when that was sorted out I was able to re-bond them. Do you still have both buns? Just seen you reply. Have you had them both checked at the vets to make sure it's not a health issue.

Good point about the vet check - I would also advise this. When you know they are both ok and not in any pain you may be able to re-bond, as Wilbur said.

ETA Just saw your other post - have you given the other bunny away then?

Last edited:
Thanks. I will get him double checked but it hasn't been long since they have last been.

They even nipped at each other/chased at the vets still under anesthetic (according to vet) - I just think they weren't meant to be :(

Back