• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Volunteer helping rabbits help plz

shakiraminilop

Warren Scout
Someone has Asked me to help foster rabbits I really want to help . Prob is I live in my mums house and she has been asking me
Millions of questions. I have two rabbits of my own who are indoors! She asked what if your rabbits catch something these rabbits had. U wud never forgive urself?! What if the finding runs out and your left with rabbits and can't afford them. They would be out door rabbits ! Can they go in the shed in a hutch. I really want to help
What would u do? I prob can help
Its just I'm worried about my rabbits health. Shakira is prown to bein poorly :(

hi

not sure what you're situation is, but I would always put my existing bunnies first before helping other buns....

Could you help in other ways, eg finding foster families, any fundraising, liaising and providing welfare advice etc?

Who asked you? An independent person or a rescue?

If through a rescue then the funding shouldn't stop, and they should be fully vaccinated so shouldn't pass anything onto your buns. If it's a private person you don't have any guarantees - you could end up with them dumped on you.

They can go in a hutch in the shed, but sheds can get very hot in the summer so you'd need to open a window at least - preferably several windows or a door.

Your mum is asking ALL the right questions and you need to be able to answer them.

You also need to consider the potential for referred aggression with other rabbits on the premises.

Back