• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cost of neutering/spaying?

Bugalugs

Warren Scout
Having been told NOT to spay by my current vet Because of the supposed 50/50 death rate :shock: i have spent the morning phoning different vets for advice.

The vet about charges £77 for neutering and £86 for spaying.

I just spoke to a lovely vet twenty minutes away from me who said they do nabbit neutering every day and rarely have any problems with th GA.... They charge £32 for a neuter and £46 for a spay!

I'm quite shocked at the difference tbh!!!

What did you guys pay?!

I think the price difference is because it's slightly more complex/ invasive for a spay, although I could be very wrong so just ignore me...

Stephen's neuter was about £55, but I couldn't be sure as it wasn't me who neutered him, his previous owner did.

Alfie was about £45 for his spay and RosyPosy was £70 ish i think, not entirely sure though!:wave:

My vet charges £71.48 (oddly specific!) to spay rabbits, but they also do rabbit care plans (we got one for Mylo) that is £55 per year and includes 10% off neutering. The plan also includes vaccination against myxomatosis every 6 months, annual vaccination against VHD (Vaccinations are usually £30 each), one syringe of Panacur, consultation with one of our nurses every three months for nail clipping and dietary advice and 10% off out of hours consultation fees.

Just realised I sound like I'm advertising! :lol:

yuri cost 120 but she had some dental done while under GA

¬_¬ will never recommend the vets though as they left the canular in her ear I got home only to have to go back cost me £20 in taxis with yukis spay they did something to her ear which made some of the edge of her ear die so one ear has some ear missing ¬_¬

anyone in manchester stay away from

Clarendon Veterinary Surgery
Clarendon Avenue
Altrincham
Cheshire
WA15 8HD

¬_¬

Having been told NOT to spay by my current vet Because of the supposed 50/50 death rate :shock: i have spent the morning phoning different vets for advice.

The vet about charges £77 for neutering and £86 for spaying.

I just spoke to a lovely vet twenty minutes away from me who said they do nabbit neutering every day and rarely have any problems with th GA.... They charge £32 for a neuter and £46 for a spay!

I'm quite shocked at the difference tbh!!!

What did you guys pay?!

Does the price for the cheaper vets include take home painkiller and a checkup?

My newer vets charges more for a neuter than my old vets did but at my old vets painkiller and checkups were added onto the price so my newer vets is actually cheaper.

I've tried four vets. The one we're using charges £90 for neuter, £120 for spay.
The others are around £60 for a neuter and £80 for spay but two of them don't include any meds, apparently they don't need them unless there is complications??? (Surely bun will be sore afterwards?)

Wow..... Sounds like i really lucked out then!!!

I will now be able to afford getting them all done at once, which will save a lot of faffing with accomodation, and i'm pressuming will mean i can bond them before the neutering?

I've tried four vets. The one we're using charges £90 for neuter, £120 for spay.
The others are around £60 for a neuter and £80 for spay but two of them don't include any meds, apparently they don't need them unless there is complications??? (Surely bun will be sore afterwards?)

They should really provide post spay and neuter painkiller. If bunny is sore they will likely pick at the stitches plus you don't really want a post op bunny going into stasis due to pain.

Wow..... Sounds like i really lucked out then!!!

I will now be able to afford getting them all done at once, which will save a lot of faffing with accomodation, and i'm pressuming will mean i can bond them before the neutering?

Personally I wouldn't try bonding until after a few weeks after the neuter. Hormones will still be high for a while after.

Approx £40 for a neuter and £60 for a spay. Usually varies by a few pence as they routinely give painrelief and gut stimulant so it depends on the rabbits weight and how much they need to prescribe/charge.

our vets in brighouse include everything except extra pain relief, they cant telll you price beforehand for a few days extra meds as its done on weight.x

Have you tried contacting a local rescue and asking what vet they use as cost comes in cind to expertise and quality of care - especially for surgery of this type.

Back