• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving to Dubai

skipbj

New Kit
My husband has suddenly announced we are moving to Dubai in August for 2 years. I have two rabbits Monty Bun a netherland dwarf who is about 4 years old and has regularly travelled in the car to our seaside house and Sybil who is about 5 months old and has also travelled. The children are really upset they will have to leave them do you think there is anyway I could take them with us as they are house bunnies so would not be affected by the heat. Its the air travel bit that worries me - what would you do? I can't bear the thought of giving them away do people ever foster them for a couple of years until we come back. Your comments would be most welcome. Thank you for reading.

Oh you poor thing. I can`t be much help on the advice side but I really hope you find someone to look after them for a couple of years if need be. I must admit I would get so attached to them in that time I would find it difficult to give them back. :( I do wish you luck though.

Im not sure how long they have to remain in quarrentine if you took them or if they would even be allowed over there. rabbits coming outside the EU have to stay in quarrintine for 6 months in this country

It's a long journey, so I don't know how they would cope with it. You also need to consider with the older one that they will be 6 to 7 when you come back and think about how they might cope with the return journey. You would also need to explore whether rabbits are commonly kept as pets in Dubai. If they're not you could struggle to get decent veterinary care for them whilst you are out there.
Could any friends or relatives take them in if you agreee to pay for vets bills etc. I think that's what I'd do (along with slapping my husband for dropping such a bombshell!). If it was Europe I'd say take them, but Dubai is very different. Hope you get something sorted, must be an awful shock.

I suggest you take your rabbits with yourself you can take good care of your rabbits. i know about i moving & relocation company who can solve your problem. contact with expatmoves.com

Back