• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elwood & Jake, the newbies. (pic heavy!!)

kate7590

Young Bun
So you've probably seen one picture of jake & Elwood.
Iv been sitting by their hutch and talking to them, but they are very nervy so going very very slow. They haven't been out of hutch or handled in 3 years so just the fact they have a new hutch must be a big change for them.
The previous owner couldn't tell them apart and put a cat collar on Jake [which the vet had to cut off because it had grown so tight!] I can tell them apart now, Jake is a lighter colour and more inquisitive. Elwood is more cautious and has a longer face.

Iv been putting garden mesh on the top of the hutches so the newbies can't jump onto them. Decided Id let Elwood & Jake out for a wander round the garden...it took a while for them to venture out but this is the result [sorry about poor quality pics]-
IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

I was a little wary about what they'd do, but they were great and loved their time out. I was really impressed with their temperament, considering previous owner said they were aggressive and couldn't be handled. They went and said hello to Stu & Purdy, Stu nipped at them and the big fellas just walked away. Then went to see Charlie & Opal and were just sat sniffing through the mesh, Jake pushed his forehead at Opal, who in turn started licking him! :shock:
I was worried about trying to bond these boys, but Im feeling slightly more confident!!

Back