• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Growling & Dominace

Janey

Warren Veteran
Ive acquired a new bunny, a spayed female. I am hoping she can be bonded with my two after a course of panacur. I bonded my two but think I was very fortunate at how easy it was, Peter was very submissive and even though my ex accidentally let them both out into the full house (poppy's territory), when they had only been bonded 5 days, there was never even a hint of a tiff.

So, new bunny is currently locked in my parent's bathroom, she is a very friendly girl but growls when I go near her, this is only when she is in her tray on or a towel I have given her & I am assuming this is a territory thing. Does this mean it's likely to be a tricky bond? If she's already growling at me is she likely to be the same with the bunnies? Obviously they would be bonded in a neutral area etc, I'm just completely panicking, I don't want any bun to be hurt or caused un-due stress :(

has she recntly been speyed as sometimes it takes a few weeks to calm the hormones down, it could also be because she is in a new setting, and unsure of you yet, try not to worry about bonding, if you wait a while and use neutral territory they may all be fine, but im sure you'll be ready to step in if not, good luck :wave:

Toby has growled since the day he was neutered (2 years ago) although he is very friendly. He is just a grumpy so and so

You may have done this already but it probably a good idea to take her to the vet for a check over especially teeth. My first bun did a lot of growling when i approached her - turned out her teeth were growing into her tongue and the pain meant that she didn't want to have to deal with anything including me!

No, she was spated a long tine ago so I dont think there should be any left over hormones, hopefully all will be ok in neutral territory (fingers and toes crossed).

Yes she has had a health check (two in fact because the first time I took her they had run out of the combi vacc), and got the all clear. She is generally of a very happy demeanor, she just doeant like me near her towels, she also growls at the dustpan and brush, Poppy has always done this also....maybe they will bond over a mutual dislike for sweeping-ha ha!!

How a bunny responds to a human and how they respond to another bunny can be totally different so as long as she was spayed a while back and she's had a health check I wouldn't worry until you actually start bonding and see how it goes.

Back