• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Merlin hospitalised sent home now he's back in again!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
He has an ongoing tummy issue with necrotic fat / fatty lipomas twined around his gi tract and abdomen. It causes strictures and leads to blockages. So far he's been amazingly lucky and has had good vets too get him back from the brink.
So imagine my horror when today I see no poops only last nights teensy again..he'd been doing normal ones since he came home.....and there were soft poos everywhere and he only had a little on his bottom but the stench!

Got back from vets just now and vet was stunned his teeny weeny spurs had grown in a few days but were still sooooo tiny. However one has hooked and he has an ulcer on the inside of his upper cheek. So I've given him oral meds they're keeping him in and giving him fluids and vetergesic til his dental tomorrow.

Vet said he's done well as last dental was dec 1st!

Vibes for our little fluffy man please...phoebe cannot believe he's gone again...she's upset...they're not rebounded but close to it.

Wondered why lily never went for him when he was outside my room at the baby gate.shed know just how he was feeling.

Come on merlin....xx

Thank you both...much appreciated. I'm now on my bed after seeing to all the other buns and cats and I've been worrying about him all evening and worse now I'm on my bed about to take my meds.....he's such an amazing sweetheart and loves to be loved...he's a real tart...he's anyone's for a nose rub and a mint leaf! When he's loose in nikkis room and the landing..if he gets cold he jumps in her bed and snuggles under her bedding and goes to sleep with his chin on the crook of her arm. To have a lay down on the floor and have him come up and sniff and kiss your face is so cute you'd melt. He filled a massive gap left by crazy little Casper...and he cheered the cats back up too..ESP Zuzu as her and Casper adored each other.. She adores merlin and on many occasions when they've both needed to see the vet they've gone together in the same carrier...much to the shock and amusement of staff and other patients...but they love each other and comfort each other just like two bonded buns!
I know his time is limited because of his gut problem but we are making the most of it and try notbtonthink the worst each time it flares up.

I :love: Merlin. He is such a gorgeous bunster.

Sending him loads and loads of vibes. I finish work about 3.30 pm tomorrow Debbie if you need a lift to collect Merlin? I know taxis aren't cheap - and I have a soft spot for Merlin bun.

Sometimes it is best they are at the vets overnight or a day or two. I know how much James and I freak out when they are ill and I think they pick up on it.

At least Merlin is in the best hands.

He sounds a real sweetheart. :love:

Thank you all so much. Aww bless you Karen....I might take up the offer ;) but I need to know if they want to keep him in overnight due to his gut problems and eating problems. To be honest I may ask them to....I'm terrified of his gut stopping again. Poor little fella.
Yes aunts Karen I is cute yes?
Lol phoebes missing him so are the cats but they kept her busy letting her join in the cat game of wilder east of the Serengeti......aka looney mad cat dash! She loves it....merlin does too...the other buns don't but those two are nuts..but merlin does think he's a cat.

Thank you Amanda....yes he's a real sweetheart even though he is one of the mat destructive bunnies I have ever had.....little devil!

Destructive bunnies are fun bunnies. Well dont tell me that when I see a huge hole in the carpet. :lol:

Hope Merlin is better soon.

Back