• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Space requirements for four rabbits?

Bugalugs

Warren Scout
I'm struggling to find any info on this! I know the minimum requirements for a trio are 48 square ft ( feel free to correct me if i'm wrong!), but what would be the minimum for 4 buns living together? Would 52 square ft of permanent housing consisting of a shed/ aviary, with daily supervised time in the garden be adequate? Or would this fall short?

Long term plans ( within the year ) are to extend the aviary by an additional 18sq feet, but i haven't broken this to my husband yet!

I also wonder this - hopefully when I get a place of my own I will be in a position to built a large shed/aviary combo and bond my four into a quad!

Mind you I've already decided they are having much more room than they all need :D

My quad had a 6x8ft shed with their own garden every day which was about 6ft wide x 24ft long.
I know they don't NEED that space however.
I think maybe a 6x4 shed with a big enclosure during the day should be okay?

Back