• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new bunny...

binkybunnyox

Warren Scout
Hi again, as you may know (or not) I brought home a stray rabbit that was handed in with the intention of bonding him to pepper, he's a sweet little thing but pepper is being v aggressive (growling & tail raised)

Will this bond ever work ?

I have already gotten quite attatched to this little man as he's such a sweetheart but my partner says if I can't get them to get along then he'll have to go . Please help :(

Hi there binkybunny,

Has your new rabbit been neutered? You will need to neuter the new rabbit before introducing him to your current bun as the hormones will likely make him very aggressive. Neutering normally solves this and makes bonding much easier.

There both neutered my rabbit pepper was neutered in January & the little man was neutered about 6 weeks ago ? It's pepper that's been aggressive, she is usually a fiesty bun but I've never seen her like this she's growling and raising her tail and looks as if she's going to attack him . I intervene when she's like this . I'm not really sure how to move forward with this or even if i should ?

Hi there. Are you introducing them on totally neutral ground as it sounds like your female is being territorial. She's had a fair time for her hormones to settle so just try again in an area where she hasn't been before. Let us know how things progress. Have you read the sticky at the top of the page? Give them things to sidetrack their attention and throw some food in as well. Fingers crossed!

Little update....
Tried them in the bath there . They showed some interest then suddenly fur started flying . The little man tried to mount pepper which she didn't appreciate & they started fighting, feel as if I'm letting both bunnies down :( bonding is new to me & by the looks of things I have tricky one to start:lol:

Back