• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How bad is shampoo??

xlaurax

Mama Doe
Hi everyone. Well we just bathed Bluebell in the bath upstairs with the shower head. Wasn't bad actually, she allowed me to wet her and rub in the shampoo etc, she seemed to quite enjoy that part.

Then it came to the rinsing after.

She had a wobbler and I hate it when they panic so I immediately scooped her into a towel. She then calmed down and let me towel her dry and brush her.

I'm not sure if the shampoo was rinsed out properly because she had a bit of a strop I didn't continue with proceedings!

She's now in her hutch, dry, and happily munching away. She's behaving as normal - nomming on fenugreeks at the moment.

She's not scratched herself or done anything unusual but I'm just wondering how bad the shampoo can be if left partly on. Once I had dried her I brushed her fur and she did the usual "you don't know how to clean me, I'll show you" and groomed herself a little but she's not done anything out of the ordinary.

My plan is to check on her and see if her skin appears irritated or red etc.

Anyone come across this before? Advice please if possible :)

The product isn't on P@H website but these are the details:

antibacterial shampoo with evening primrose oil. Contains byotrol. It's PH neutral.

Please don't tell me off for bathing her!

AAAGGHHH wrong section sorry mods!! Is there any way I can move it??

Last edited:
Ya shouldn't really bath bunnys unless it's really really necessary , did ya make sure she was completely dry right thru to her skin before ya put her back outside cos bunnys can't get themselves warm :wave:

Ya shouldn't really bath bunnys unless it's really really necessary , did ya make sure she was completely dry right thru to her skin before ya put her back outside cos bunnys can't get themselves warm :wave:

I know I feel awful now! Not doing it EVER again. She's behaving as normal though so I don't think she's in shock about it or anything. Yes she's dry. They're coming inside again later so I'm going to check her skin then. That's it for my buns and baths - NEVER EVER HAPPENING AGAIN! I can't believe she just threw this massive wobbler out of nowhere! She didn't act any differently for the first 10 minutes, odd. Anyway it's done with now. Just want to make sure the shampoo isn't bothering her

I'm not sure about the shampoo I've never bathed a bunny I hope she's ok tho keep us posted :)

Is she thoroughly dry? No idea about the shampoo I'm afraid but I would be worried about getting her absolutely dry because of the potential for hypothermia.

Update !

Well Bluebell has been indoors all night. I left her alone in a warm dark place for a while to make sure she was thoroughly dry and warm. She munched on some grapes, fenugreek crunchies and hay and then i left her for about an hour and a half. Then let her onto the carpet where she explored, sniffed and nudged her way around - alert and seemingly quite happy :) Her hutch (complete with Bramble Bunny) has been brought in the kitchen overnight so there's no nasty cold / wind.

She's had a big drink of water and settled into the hutch.

Will check on her tomorrow and update! Fingers crossed she's OK.

Lovely clean bun but SO not worth it :shock:

LESSON LEARNED!!

Back