• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what I found in the rabbit pen...

courtneydayle

Alpha Buck
Found him and his siblings 4 days ago.

0622121032.jpg

Found this today...

0623121124a.jpg

I was really quite scared when I read this, in case it happened to me. Then I realised that you're in USA, so I feel a bit better now :oops::oops: I don't think there's a huge chance of me bumping in to a snake in South Yorkshire.

I was really quite scared when I read this, in case it happened to me. Then I realised that you're in USA, so I feel a bit better now :oops::oops: I don't think there's a huge chance of me bumping in to a snake in South Yorkshire.

You don't have snakes there? Seriously?

Very very rarely we might come across a grass snake, but that's it. I haven't seen one ever in the wild and I'm getting on a bit.....

Wow... We have snakes all over the place out here... He's be relocated half a mile down the road to a little creek that I think he'll thrive in.

I saw an adder in Kentmere, Cumbria earlier this year.
I NEVER would have expected to see a wild snake in the UK, but it was just sitting there right next to a public footpath!

I doutb it's something I'll see again!

Once, me and a friend were sitting on a hill when a snake came out of the grass and down her trousers! :shock: she kicked like a maniac and the snake eventually cam out of the end of trousers! I just sat there laughing!! :lol:

That's why I'm really not sure if I'd have a rabbit pen on the ground without mesh around it if I have outdoor rabbits again, we've got so many snakes...then again, I'd need mesh anyways because of raccoons reaching their hands in.

It's hard for me to wrap my head around there not being many snakes in the UK :shock: And I think your only venomous ones are adders...

That's why I'm really not sure if I'd have a rabbit pen on the ground without mesh around it if I have outdoor rabbits again, we've got so many snakes...then again, I'd need mesh anyways because of raccoons reaching their hands in.

It's hard for me to wrap my head around there not being many snakes in the UK :shock: And I think your only venomous ones are adders...

We have mesh around the pen, top and sides. This snake was small though. And luckily we've scared off all the coons. Where in the US are you from?

I saw an adder in Kentmere, Cumbria earlier this year.
I NEVER would have expected to see a wild snake in the UK, but it was just sitting there right next to a public footpath!

I doutb it's something I'll see again!

There are quite a few adder's about people just don't see them as they are prone to hide in the long grass, hope I never see one I'd run a mile :lol:

and even then, they wont kill us (I dont think anyway!) we have slow worms aswell which are snake like :wave:

We have mesh around the pen, top and sides. This snake was small though. And luckily we've scared off all the coons. Where in the US are you from?

I'm from Florida :)

We've got loads of coons, they're attracted to our pond and woods I imagine.

The only venomous snake we have is the Adder. It can be found all over the UK. Around where I live they like to live up on the moorland I think

Although they are venomous only 14 known fatalities have happened since 1876

So the UK is like a walk in the park compared to like Australia and USA :lol:

And the largest land animal we have is Deer

Last edited:
The only venomous snake we have is the Adder. It can be found all over the UK. Around where I live they like to live up on the moorland I think

Although they are venomous only 14 known fatalities have happened since 1876

So the UK is like a walk in the park compared to like Australia and USA :lol:

And the largest land animal we have is Deer

It's so weird to think you've got no large predators :shock: so there must be no worries for pet owners and farmers to let their cows, horses, sheep, goats etc out to pasture? No coyotes, wolves, bears and wild cats like bobcats and cougars. Just humans and dogs.

Back