• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Malt Vinegar??

xlaurax

Mama Doe
Just cleaning out the buns and they're having a bath today.... that should be fun :roll:

Anyway I'm doing a very deep clean in the hutch and I've soaked their litter trays in boiling hot water and malt vinegar - it's worked, all the gross stains and stench has gone.

Just wanted to make sure it won't cause them any problems... I'm a bit hungover today :)lol:) so instead of asking you this beforehand I just did it and then my brain kicked in and said "shouldn't you have looked into whether malt vinegar is bunny safe?" DOH! :shock:

Thanks in advance! :wave:

As long as it is rinsed Vinegar is OK for cleaning

In general Bunnies dont need bathing though. It can cause problems for them. A thorough regular grooming session is much better for them :D

A lot of people on here use vinegar for their buns. As well as litter trays, I find it helpful in hutches - it removes white wee stains from the walls really well.

A lot of people on here use vinegar for their buns. As well as litter trays, I find it helpful in hutches - it removes white wee stains from the walls really well.

For their buns? For what reason would you use it for buns or am I reading this wrong and you mean buns as in buns litter trays?

For their buns? For what reason would you use it for buns or am I reading this wrong and you mean buns as in buns litter trays?

Aye, I meant buns' stuff in general :lol: Have a sudden image of a soggy, smelly bunny dripping vinegar :shock::lol:

Back