• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting problem! Can you help??!!

Trixielover

Mama Doe
How do I stop domino from biting and scratching me?! I get a 30 second long hold then he bites me really hard! Sometimes so hard, it immediately bruises and lasts for like a week!!!!

It sounds like he is biting you when he is picked up? In which case he is probably saying 'i dont like this' or 'i dont feel safe' or 'that hurts' or simply 'put me down'.

Hope that helps.

It sounds like he is biting you when he is picked up? In which case he is probably saying 'i dont like this' or 'i dont feel safe' or 'that hurts' or simply 'put me down'.

Hope that helps.

Is there any way I can hold him without him biting. How do I gain his trust?

Most rabbits don't like being picked up, some tolerate it but most prefer to keep their feet on the ground - this is because they are a prey animal and need to be able to run from predators should the need arise. You might just have to accept the fact that he doesn't like it, and just stroke/snuggle him on the ground :wave:

Most rabbits don't like being picked up, some tolerate it but most prefer to keep their feet on the ground - this is because they are a prey animal and need to be able to run from predators should the need arise. You might just have to accept the fact that he doesn't like it, and just stroke/snuggle him on the ground :wave:

Ok! Thanks for the help!

t-touch is a brilliant technique for animals and earns their trust and respect of you.

linda tellington is the founder i think -

:)
carol

Biting

Good afternoon :D
I had the exact same problem with three rabbits. The key method is patience.
You can find bonding and trust building methods on my website binkybunny.weebly.com under bunny behaviour and my experiences.
All bunnies are different and some will start to gain trust quicker when good trust building methods are used and positive association tactics but other buns take a long time. The result with trying is always better for both your sake and your bunnys.

I have had great success with some rabbits and with others I'm still working with many months on.

Go at your buns pace and neutering or spaying can really help, especially if you take the time to console your rabbit by just being there- no touching or interference, just blend into your rabbits safe zone.

You'll likely have to spend a lot of time just standing by your buns hutch or cage, talking to your rabbit.

Patience and dedication is success in my experience.

Back