• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

AARRGGHHH!!! Gypsy won't take her metacam!!

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
I've tried everything but she's having non of it! I didn't have this trouble when she was poorly before :? I've noticed that this is the dog one, not the cat one his time and it's called loxicom or something :?

My vet gave me metacam that was in a purple and white box, it's honey flavour so Very very very palatable, can you see if you can get that??

My vet gave me metacam that was in a purple and white box, it's honey flavour so Very very very palatable, can you see if you can get that??

that's the one I had last time, this is different. It is suposed to be the same as metacam but Gypsy says otherwise:?

Have you tried mixing it in with food? I was only able to get metacam into Chloe by putting it in a hollowed out grape :lol: although she did have the cat version which smelled very sweet! I dont know if the dog one is the same :?

The only way I could give it was to soak a very very small piece of bread and then wrap it up in a basil leaf.

mr wilbur would only take his if I had dribbled it onto a piece of pear- messy but effective.:wave:

Someone advised me to put it on a bit of Weetabix, I've not tried it as I manage to get mine to eat it when I drip it onto dill. But sounds like it may work

Floppy is being a brat for his too but I am a horriboe mum. I kneel down and wedge him in front of my knees, hold his head and pop the syringe in beside his front teeth, pointing at his cheek. As he starts chewing the syringe i gently give the meds being careful not to take the syringe out his mouth, not sur I would get it in a second time!

Spenser is beyond awful. :roll: Turns into a furry dervish. :shock: I usually cop out and drizzle it onto a fenugreek crunchie. I've heard mini shreeded wheats are good for disguising meds.

Good luck! :wave:

I usually have Loxicom and they love that too, but if I can hide baytril in bread I'm sure anything else would work too! Glad she took it in the end anyway. :)

I usually have Loxicom and they love that too, but if I can hide baytril in bread I'm sure anything else would work too! Glad she took it in the end anyway. :)

well she did today, who knows what tomorrow will bring :lol:
I think she will on it for life so I'm sure I have lots of time to get sneaky :lol:

Back