• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had the most awful shock earlier

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:shock::(

Dave sleeps very soundly and we are used to him doing dead bunny flops so I usually take no notice and just step over him.

This morning he was lying slightly differently and I noticed he looked dead straight away but then I saw him take a breath and though no we are OK. I carried on doing what I was doing and he didn't stir, Herman lay by him, licked him and ran off again - didn't move :?

So I called Steve to look and said Dave looks dead but i don't want to wake him if he is just sleeping bless him. Steve thinks he looks wrong so we decide to wake him.:(

I kneel down next to him, nothing. I am now starting to panic. I look at his eyes and they are rolled back in his head. I start to lift his head and it is a floppy dead weight. Dave doesn't stir. By this point I am now in tears saying Daves gone, he is breathing very slowly but he is slipping away. His head was just like Tami's on Monday when i held her just after she passed :cry:

Steve runs off to get phone for vets and carrier. I am thinking there probably is no point going to vets so will lift him on to sofa and sit with him. I scoop him up in my arms and lift him - nothing he just flops. I feel physically sick :cry:

Turn on my knees for the sofa and he wakes up :shock::shock: I pop him on the floor and he is all excited looking for treats the little :censored: He is absolutely fine, running about, eating hay etc.......

Where as i have lost 10 years off my life and am still shaking 2 hours later!!!!

I've had a similar thing. Doughnut only sometimes flops over and this is only normally in her hutch. If I go over to her she sits up, so no chance of a sneaky photo. A few months ago I went down to her in the morning and she was flopped over. No movement when I was nearer either. I opened the hutch and still the same, was sure she was dead, gave her a few stokes on her belly and then she slowly lifted her head up. Thinks she was so deep in sleep. If she ever does that again think I'll just look to see if her belly is moving in and out and if so get my camera:D

:shock::shock: Is he definitely ok? How bizarre!

He is absolutely fine well as fine as Dave ever gets :lol:. It happened two hours ago and he is completely normal now and nearly took my arm off trying to get to the treats straight afterwards!

That brings a whole new meaning to dead bunny flop! Dave was taking it to the extreme! Glad he's ok though, and hope your heart rate returns to normal soon!

DAVE: Stop scaring your mummy like that!!!:lol::lol::lol::shock:

I thik hou soul send him here so o can get a nreak from his beautiful gorgeousness.....I ve Dave. he lookcs so muc lie my Pudfing.

Poor you, especially after what all you have been through recently :( Must have been such a huge relief - the little monkey!

Gosh :shock: Boris did a similar thing a while ago although nowhere near as bad, he woke up when I picked him up & proceeded to growl at me :lol: Gave me such a fright though!

Back