• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox trying to get into my shed

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
Well i assume its a fox, but the 3 lionboys are in the shed and whatever it is trying to get in has been chewing the wood :cry:
i had put chicken wire round the bottom but now its ripped it off :shock:
whatever it is its determined. :cry::cry:

It might be an idea to put a layer of mesh on the inside the shed with the staples of the inside. That way if it does pull the outside stuff off again and get through the wood they are still protected.

Hope the mesh works.

If you haven't already, try a search for 'fox-proofing' threads. Might be other things you could do, in addition to the strong mesh, to put the fox off.

Would metal panels work over the mesh? So their teeth wouldn't be able to grip? Not sure where you'd get some from though.

I think foxes are pretty determined once they get the smell. My friend had rabbits outside in a hutch and it managed to get in somehow through the wood.

Thankfully I haven't seen the big fox that chased Doughnut round her enclosure again but I think that's because she hasn't been out in the evening, not because it's gone away and forgotten.

This thread seems rather ironic now..

Although i shall be fox proofing the shed the previous occupants never made it through the anesthetic for there neuters. :(

Back