• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for help posting an image larger than mine always come out!!!

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
For some reason whenever I post images they come out quite small - I want to post our Open Day Poster image and it needs to be big enough to read - so can anyone help???

I can email the image to you if you PM me your email

thank you:wave:

Are the images small on your computer? What hosting service do you use? Are you sure you're using the right code and not a 'thumbnail' code?

If you use photobucket there is a customize upload button where you can choose the size of your photos :wave:

Are the images small on your computer? What hosting service do you use? Are you sure you're using the right code and not a 'thumbnail' code?

Errr . . I think the answers to that are . .

no
photobucket
yes . . (they come out fine everywhere else . . but not on here)

If you use photobucket there is a customize upload button where you can choose the size of your photos :wave:

I do that and everytime I choose large and everytime they come out small - even though I paid for 'pro' to make sure I could do them large . .

Weird, i've just had a look at one of the photos you've posted in the past and can't see much difference in the links to my links except an extra part which is the album it's in.

Do you resize them at all before you upload them? I'm wondering if they're really, really big and photobucket resizes it a little to make it not huge but is resizing it small.

Weird, i've just had a look at one of the photos you've posted in the past and can't see much difference in the links to my links except an extra part which is the album it's in.

Do you resize them at all before you upload them? I'm wondering if they're really, really big and photobucket resizes it a little to make it not huge but is resizing it small.

I really dont know - in the past when I have posted an image and its been too small to read (like last time I posted an Open Day poster) some kind person then made it bigger . . .

sorry - I am great with things like Keynote and presentation stuff on the computer but photobucket drives me mad . . .

I've just looked at your album and it looks to me like it uploads them small. I'll have a look at the web uploader and see what I can see.

There is an option somewhere on photobucket that you can set the size of all your photos to upload as... maybe you have a small size selected somewhere?

I've just looked at your album and it looks to me like it uploads them small. I'll have a look at the web uploader and see what I can see.

Thank you . . this is so embarrassing . . .I really am pretty ok with all my professional related computing stuff . . just cant seem to post decent sized images on RU!!

If you click on upload, there is an option that says:

Customize your upload options

Can you check what you've got selected? I've got mine set to upload to 800x600

ETA there is an option there to upload to "original size" only for pro members, so perhaps you haven't got that bit ticked even though you are a pro member

OK when you go to the uploader top right there is a button that says 'customise your upload options'

ScreenShot2012-06-21at224202.png

I'd have a look in there at the bottom part. Mine is on 1000x768 automatically. I always resize mine smaller than that before I upload them so mine are actually more near the 600x400 mark as I find 1000 is a bit big for forums.

ScreenShot2012-06-21at224211.png

How is this?

2012_trial_poster.pdf%2520-%2520Adobe%2520Reader%252021062012%2520224942.jpg

thats perfect ali:thumb:

though i will also try what other people have recommended next time I want to upload something!

Now . . how do I get the image from this thread into the one about the Open Day???

I guess I could try 'quote'? Or if I just start the new thread can you post it again there?

thats perfect ali:thumb:

though i will also try what other people have recommended next time I want to upload something!

Now . . how do I get the image from this thread into the one about the Open Day???

I guess I could try 'quote'? Or if I just start the new thread can you post it again there?

I have pm'd you the link.

Glad the others were able to help with photobucket. I gave you the meat but they gave you the goat! Do you know what I mean?:lol: Think Oxfam!

mmmm = except I am veggie:oops:

Ok, I gave you the flour and they gave you the seeds. It is one of those things about feeding a family for a day or giving them the means to feed themselves for life.

I need to go to sleep, my mind is obviously overtired. Just too excited about the baby buns being 8 weeks old tomorrow I think!

I hope that the open day goes really well, we must arrange our summer holiday around it some year!

OK when you go to the uploader top right there is a button that says 'customise your upload options'

ScreenShot2012-06-21at224202.png

I'd have a look in there at the bottom part. Mine is on 1000x768 automatically. I always resize mine smaller than that before I upload them so mine are actually more near the 600x400 mark as I find 1000 is a bit big for forums.

ScreenShot2012-06-21at224211.png

Thats the button I posted about earlier in the thread but Twigs said she already chose the bigger sizes on it :?

Thats the button I posted about earlier in the thread but Twigs said she already chose the bigger sizes on it :?

I think mine might 'work differently to other peoples as its an auto link between iphoto (for macs) and photobucket - you just stay in iphoto choose 'export' from the file options, and it opens photobucket logs on and exports all automaticaly with just one click . . .

Back