• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to catch 'uncatchable' bunny

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Rosie needs her nails doing. Only problem is she is a nightmare to get a hold of and hates being touched and held. The only place she doesn't mind being touched is her forehead. Anywhere else and she will run off :roll:

And trying to just wrap my hands around her while she is distracted is like trying to catch a bar of soap because of her fur

Any tips??

My Bramble is quite the Houdini! :lol:

Comfortably backing her into a corner, without crowding her too much, block off her exits and then go with my left hand over her back, fairly tightly but obviously not too tight, then my right hand under her bum and then hold her really close to my body (she's a kicker / squirmer).

Sadly when it comes to nail clipping I have to "trance" her by laying her on her back. It's the only way to keep her still to cut them!

I lure mine in to a carrier or cardboard box. Catching either of the two smaller ones is virtually impossible.

It may sound mean but if you can't get hold of her without her objecting then you might have to corner her and hold her scruff while you lift her up with your other hand.
You'll probably need to get someone to help you trim her nails if she disikes being handled as she will most likely put up a bit of a fight ;)

Eventually,once caught,wrap her in a Bunny Burrito...a towel,wrapping in all feetsies.Cant kick then and toesies are there to trim nails...I only trim to the length of the fur...

Yvette that video is so adorable! I'm going to bunny burrito Bramble when I cut her nails next!! Lots better than trancing! :D

Bunny burrito :3

The handling bit is ok, she will usually sit frozen on my lap like :shock: while I trim her nails. I haven't needed to do it for a little while as she has been digging which has kept them down but since the bad whether and less digging they are getting a little long.

It's is just the catching her part that is a tricky one :lol:

I will try the idea of the box. Confined spaces are good and keep her calm. I tried cornering her in the hutch and she was not happy! Grunting and attacking me with her front paws lol

I don't really understand how you get to the claws with bunny burrito. :?

Its not easy..just dont wrap up the botty.Then lean bunny on her back across your chest so bunny is sat on your lap, then snip away.Its not brilliant, but it helps alot more than just having bunny loose....

:lol: I usually get a grunt then a back foot stamp!

Rosie can be very moody when she doesn't like something lol. She will throw her front paws down at me making it look like she will bite my fingers off the first chance she gets...She always wins :lol:

Rosie can be very moody when she doesn't like something lol. She will throw her front paws down at me making it look like she will bite my fingers off the first chance she gets...She always wins :lol:

Don't tell me these things I was hoping Bramble's upcoming spay would turn her into wonder-bun :lol: I doubt she'll change much at all personality wise tbh! She's a right little so and so! Gotta love 'em though haven't ya :D I love it when my OH goes in for a cuddle with her and she just glares at him as if to say "come any closer and you're gonna get bitten!" She always wins, despite the fact she's tiny and he's 6'2" :lol: this is the "glare":

551091_10150858877714487_1321411045_n.jpg

Don't tell me these things I was hoping Bramble's upcoming spay would turn her into wonder-bun :lol: I doubt she'll change much at all personality wise tbh! She's a right little so and so! Gotta love 'em though haven't ya :D I love it when my OH goes in for a cuddle with her and she just glares at him as if to say "come any closer and you're gonna get bitten!" She always wins, despite the fact she's tiny and he's 6'2" :lol: this is the "glare":

551091_10150858877714487_1321411045_n.jpg

Oh trust me before I got her spayed it was like having to feed a piranha :shock: If my hand went into that hutch she would grunt and lunge and just generally be a demon rabbit

Now she is much more friendly and happy and will let me stroke her forehead. But anything more then that is a no no :lol:

Oh trust me before I got her spayed it was like having to feed a piranha :shock: If my hand went into that hutch she would grunt and lunge and just generally be a demon rabbit

Now she is much more friendly and happy and will let me stroke her forehead. But anything more then that is a no no :lol:

:lol: what a little madam! :lol: Bramble is very loving if there's food to be had but after that... forget it :lol:

Back