• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sir Victor

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
my Vet has tried to re-assure me that i have not failed Sir Victor and that even if he had had a spleenectomy he could not have survived as the cancer was so fast spreading

she said surgery may have killed him and even if he survived he would only have had a few weeks to live

but i just cannot stop feeling that i should/could have done more

i am drowning in grief and it is getting worse, not better

he was always such a larger than life character and his absence is so acutely felt

sorry for self pitying thread

:cry:

WHAT!? I'm sorry Jane I haven't been on lately so missed this. Will go do a search now. :shock: :cry:

Have just seen. I'm so sorry Jane. By the sounds of things he was happy right up to the end. You have to let the stages of grief flow. It's still going to be very fresh. How is Lady Lydia coping? At least you can comfort each other. :(

Last edited:
Please please please please listen to her Jane - Victor couldnt have been in better hands than in yours. Grief is a horrible emotion but please please do not feel you could have done more, you did everything and more for him.

(((hugs)))

Jane, I am so sorry for your loss - I think I speak for everyone when I say we all think you do amazing, selfless things for the rabbits in your care. It seems to me that they want for nothing when they are with you - what more could you have really done?

Victor was indeed a larger than life character, a very handsome chap and of course a wonderful husbun - it's totally understandable that you would feel his absence intensely. You have not failed him in any way. He loves you and knows that you cared for him enormously.

I know in these situations that there isn't much that can be said that will make you feel better - please know that we are thinking of you, and Lady Lydia and all your buns, and sending you love and hugs xxxx

I'm so sorry you are feeling so sad Jane, as has been said, you looked after him so beautifully, there was nothing else you could have done for him.
Sending lots of love and hugs to you and Lady Lydia, you will get through this. I know you feel so very sad at the moment, but it will ease.

(((hugs)))

Sending hugs, he was such an amazing character it is only natural you miss him so much.

You have such a wonderful vet though, that I think you can take her assurance as very real confirmation that you did everything possible for Sir Victor.

Often the most larger than life characters leave the bigest holes in our hearts :cry::cry:
I wish there was something I could say to ease the pain.

I know what it's like to grief to totally swallow you up, it's awful, it feels like there's no end to the pain :cry: just when you feel there is hope it comes over you like a wave and knocks you off your feet again. It can be exhausting to keep picking yourself up but you have to try.
In time it will get easier to deal with. The pain won't be as intense. Nothing can ever fill the hole in your heart but in time your heart won't feel as broken.

Death is such a difficult thing to accept. It's seems so final. It's normal to feel sad, angry, hurt and every other feeling humanly possible. There are no right or wrong ways. We all feel grieve differently. It's OK to cry, scream, talk and anything else you need to do to find an outlet for these horrible and complex emotions. Death is cruel to all those left behind, but you have to believe that Sir Victor is OK now.

Sir Victor will always be in your heart. In many ways he has never truly left you. I'm sure if you close your eyes you will still feel him there, if only for a moment.
Sir Victor wouldn't want to see his Mummy in such pain :cry::cry: He loved you so much, he had the perfect bunny home with you. He knew he was loved, he still holds that love in his heart at the bridge.

I really wish I could help you. I feel so sad and so helpless :cry::cry::cry:

Sorry that you lost him. I followed his thread and there really was nothing more that could be done. You certainly did so much more for him than your average rabbit owner.
Without meaning to sound harsh, they can't live forever and he was happy and not in pain so that's what matters.

jane i will Not allow you to blame yourself!
he was ill and in the end he chose to go of his own accord.
i still kick myself ove Ulfric and blame myself that my fave bunny in the world has gone because i failed, but you and several others helped me realise i couldnt have saved him and if it wasnt for you and those others well ... yeah..

any way i digress Jane you couldnt do anything to change the overall outcome.he was terminally ill and woul have gone one way or another.
C wouldnt tell you anything but truths x

big hugs to you Jane i know the emotion your feeling i feel it everyday. just remember you arent to blame x

Last edited:
Jane you did everything possible. We all know that.

But from my own past experiences I also have felt the same as you. I didn't do enough, but when truth be know there was nothing else I could have done.

It's the what ifs and why didn'ts etc that will eat away at you.

This is part of the grieving process and I wish I could help you bear this terrible time with you.

Life will and does go on, but just right now it is being very cruel and unfair to you.

You will come out of this albeit a very long and painful process.

Your heart will always store wonderful and very special memories.

Sending you warmth and love. xxx

Thanks everyone, I know noBun can live forever, but Victor was only 5.5 years of age :cry:

There is a reason why Victor, Morse, Lydia and Colin hold a special place in my heart. The reason is their relative, the late Lord Lopsley who tragically died at just 6 months of age

Picture917-1-1.jpg

Oh my, he was stunning Jane. What an incredibly striking rabbit and sound like he had the temperament to match.:love::love:

:love: lord lopsley werent you a handsome chap. I bet he and Sir Victor Velveteen are over at rainbow bridge now causing no end of havoc with their cheeky antics and their larger than life personalities. Gone but never forgotten xxx

Back