• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pie, Obie and the new family dog (pic heavy)

Pie

Warren Veteran
Update on my monsters.
It's amazing to watch them now they are bonded. Something I have picked up on recently is as Pie is deaf she uses Oberon as a kind of 'hearing bunny'. He is quite alert and skittish with smells or noises and he will run off and Pie will follow, always staying behind him. It's very sweet.:love:
But anyway, onto the photos. There's is a lot of them!

Fluffy Pie, before moulting.
84dba403.jpg

A slightly moth-eaten Oberon in the sun. (He is such a sun worshipper)
bec7a3e6.jpg

"I will protect my Pie"
2ffe85d5.jpg

Looking very pretty and sweet
34110507.jpg

Always nosey
9017c1e5.jpg

Love his little white belly
64d8ecaa.jpg

Even bunnies spoon!
607015e6.jpg

Pie seems to love lying across wires and paper and instantly claimed my birthday wrapping paper! :roll:
d25a43c7.jpg

"I didn't nom your games mummy....Honest."
cd7221e2.jpg

Pie wants to come to Barbados with me! :love: (I am moving back out there on tuesday)
8443f716.jpg

Now the dog. This is Lola, she is a 2yr old Rottie. Belonging originally to mums friends in Barbados, they had to move back to Canada as the husband has cancer :( That meant leaving the dog. My mum took her on as she didnt want her to go into a shelter. Apparently she is very loving but super protective of my mum and the house.
0f9f544f.jpg

5e5ba565.jpg

Lola4.jpg

Beautiful pics!! The spooning one is adorable, and Lola's face is so smiley :love::love:

Also, I'm amazed to have found another Pie- my auntie has a cat called Pie (or 'Pieface' as he's commonly known! :lol:).

I've really missed little Pie! :love: it's so lovely to see her finally with Obie! :love: I love the spooning pic!!! :love: who will be looking after them if you're moving to Barbados? :( And how is Pie's health these days? :wave:

I've really missed little Pie! :love: it's so lovely to see her finally with Obie! :love: I love the spooning pic!!! :love: who will be looking after them if you're moving to Barbados? :( And how is Pie's health these days? :wave:

Yes her and Obie are enjoying each others company now.
I will be in Barbados for 6-9 months and the OH is looking after them. He is the only one I truly trust with Pie's problems. He know's as much about bunnies as any of us.
Pie has been doing well recently. She went from 1.1kg last year (her worst year so far) to 1.24kg in March and now she has gone up to 1.39kg! And getting heavier every month! Which I never thought possible! :D We still have upsets and hunger strikes and blockages but always seem to come out of it fairly unscathed. I just hope she stays this way for another few years. Thankyou for asking, it means a lot to know people wonder about her well being. :love:

Yes her and Obie are enjoying each others company now.
I will be in Barbados for 6-9 months and the OH is looking after them. He is the only one I truly trust with Pie's problems. He know's as much about bunnies as any of us.
Pie has been doing well recently. She went from 1.1kg last year (her worst year so far) to 1.24kg in March and now she has gone up to 1.39kg! And getting heavier every month! Which I never thought possible! :D We still have upsets and hunger strikes and blockages but always seem to come out of it fairly unscathed. I just hope she stays this way for another few years. Thankyou for asking, it means a lot to know people wonder about her well being. :love:

Hi, I think Pie has a similar condition to what Tulip has. It all sounds very familiar and Tulip (touch wood) alway comes out of her bouts of upsets and blockages unscathed although they always scare me. What she has is called megacolon (Cow-Pile Syndrome) and is very common in rabbits with these markings for some reason. I just wanted to let you know that Tulip is doing so much better since I have been feeding her dried plantain scattered in amongst her hay on a daily basis. Also Epsom salts are supposed to do wonders for this condition, but i haven't yet used them on her.

Hi, I think Pie has a similar condition to what Tulip has. It all sounds very familiar and Tulip (touch wood) alway comes out of her bouts of upsets and blockages unscathed although they always scare me. What she has is called megacolon (Cow-Pile Syndrome) and is very common in rabbits with these markings for some reason. I just wanted to let you know that Tulip is doing so much better since I have been feeding her dried plantain scattered in amongst her hay on a daily basis. Also Epsom salts are supposed to do wonders for this condition, but i haven't yet used them on her.

Pie usually losses weight after a bout but has been bouncing back very well recently.
She is has a deformed intestine and Cecum so cannot process food correctly. Because of this she has to be on a very strict diet. I found hydration is the key for her so I made it a habit of saoking her pellets (a bit like soaking hay for horses) before giving it to her. She also has the Burns range of dried herbs, including Plantain.
I always found it odd as she is has "top breeding" for mini lops and yet she has all these problems. I guess that's pedigree for you :roll:
I hope Tulip continues to improve (is this the Tulip from the fb group?)

Pie usually losses weight after a bout but has been bouncing back very well recently.
She is has a deformed intestine and Cecum so cannot process food correctly. Because of this she has to be on a very strict diet. I found hydration is the key for her so I made it a habit of saoking her pellets (a bit like soaking hay for horses) before giving it to her. She also has the Burns range of dried herbs, including Plantain.
I always found it odd as she is has "top breeding" for mini lops and yet she has all these problems. I guess that's pedigree for you :roll:
I hope Tulip continues to improve (is this the Tulip from the fb group?)

Yes it is the Tulip from the FB group - where I have just posted a pic of her on the loo concentrating very hard, bless her. Each bout she gets i am dealing with it quicker and quicker. I get to know the signs earlier each time and it has educated me so much on how delicate and complicated their stomachs are. Hope your trip goes well and Pie sounds like she is in very good hands while your away xx

Back