• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Question Please

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
Morning Everybody

I need to ask a question. Last night I when I went to the blue cross for my pre adoption talk the lady told me to introduce Ben to Whisky slowly. She said to put them in a run each but next to each other so they can smell each other but not get to each other which is fine.

My question is at night I will be putting whisky away in her shed but is it ok to bring bed into the house I have a small dog create I can make into a temp home for him?

I don’t want to mess anything up with the bond or make Ben ill by bringing him in at night and back out in the runs during the day.

Thanks x

Personally I would be dubious about putting him outside in the day and bringing him in at night because of temperature change, but perhaps someone else has more experience of doing this. Good luck with the bonding.

Personally I would be dubious about putting him outside in the day and bringing him in at night because of temperature change, but perhaps someone else has more experience of doing this. Good luck with the bonding.

this is why im asking i only have one shed and runs and i cant but him in there till they are bonded. so whisky can go back in there at night but i dont know where to put ben x

Can ben go in the dog crate and the dog crate be placed inside the shed? I know it's not ideal space wise but it won't be for long as as long as he has hay + water it should be fine

Can ben go in the dog crate and the dog crate be placed inside the shed? I know it's not ideal space wise but it won't be for long as as long as he has hay + water it should be fine

I could yes, will that be ok as its whisky shed at the moment and im scared she might try and hurt him? it would hopefully only be for a week at the most x

Erm - i suppose it depends how wide the spacing is on the crate and how territorial Whisky is - I think you'd have to supervise for a while and perhaps put up another barrier so there's no direct contact to be on the safe side.

Erm - i suppose it depends how wide the spacing is on the crate and how territorial Whisky is - I think you'd have to supervise for a while and perhaps put up another barrier so there's no direct contact to be on the safe side.

ok thanks ill have to see how it goes im not sure how whisky will be she is just under a year old and never been with another rabbit

Hi there,Stumpy. At this time of year your bunny will be fine indoors at night then outdoors during the day. Hope your bonding goes well.

Back