• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

you'd think they would be used to it now

Dave81

Mama Doe
The vacuum cleaner I'm talking about, 3 out of 4 bunnies leg it as though they're in some kind of Olympic special, Fluffy actually cleared the sofa the other day as though it was a hurdle as she couldn't find a normal escape path as I was stood in the way :lol:

It's not like I vacuum once in a blue moon is 2 to 3 times a week.

Jezebel is the only one who doesn't run away in fact I have to vac around her as she refuses to move even when I gently bash her with the floor tool

my rabbits are outdoor ones that free range on the patio when we are home, they run into the shed when they hear the vac through the patio doors! And if the door are open and they are in the house I have to show it to them from the kitchen door and 'rev' it before starting properly to give them a head start to scamper across the wood floor.:lol:

Tell me about it!

Mine aren't too bothered by the vacuum, but if I clatter anything in the kitchen, Bailey moves like greased lightening! Binky lasts a bit longer (especially if she's eating :lol: ) but is usually pretty close behind haha

Don't get me started on the kitchen, every month I cook a months worth of meals and freeze them, this results in me been in the kitchen for hours with the living room door open so I can listen to the TV.

Only problem is both Fluffy and Jezebel hate kitchen noises they run to the cage and sit in there for the duration, I then have to coax them out

Mine free range in the kitchen most evenings and the other night I dropped a tablespoon on the floor and they shot into their Budweiser box (don't ask :lol:) and stayed there for a good 30 seconds before hopping out :lol: silly buns!

Mine give absolutely no tosses about th vacuum!! They sit and watch it as I think they would prefer that I didn't 'clean' the area they'd spent so long perfecting!

The conservatory buns are ok if I shut the door, sometimes will hide, other days not bothered at all, but Lola who is currently in the dining room does not cope well at all. She is very much a scaredy bun, and once had a panic attack when we came home and made her jump. It sent her flying into the walls of her cage, until she realised her door was open, then sent herself flying round the living room until she flipped, landed in a bag and I honestly thought she was a goner :? the kids witnessed it too, it was awful. I am now scarred from that and minimise absolutely everything that will scare her so vacumming has gone out of the window!! I have to take her outside while OH does it. I do have a sweeper that keeps things okish, but if people come over I have to take her out so we can do the house properly!

I'm actually so embarrassed by it, and the fact they've stained the carpet, I rarely have anyone over :oops:

They are due to go out in the summer, they have a lovely house and aviary built, but then there is the issue of bonding and her being so scared of things. I'm really hoping it all works out :?

Spenser doesn't like it, but it's not so much fear as the intrusion to his private space he seems to mind! :lol:

We have to vaccum around ours as they aren't bothered by it in the least . . in fact I once used the 'dusting' attachment (which softens the sucky power into a sort of brush and light suck) on Lola when she was moulting . . . I had been using it on the bookshelves and she was just sitting there watching so I thought it was worth a try, as she was having such a heavy moult . . she just sat there:roll:

Alas it didnt suck up much of her fluff. . . which she continued to donate to the carpet and velvet sofa instead.

I have the opposite problem! Mine love the vaccum cleaner!! They run up to it, nose nudge it, lay infront of it, hop over and under the pipe, beat the pipe up if it moves, nibble the power cord when Im not looking :shock: and sit full face in the bit where the air blows out :lol:

I have the opposite problem! Mine love the vaccum cleaner!! They run up to it, nose nudge it, lay infront of it, hop over and under the pipe, beat the pipe up if it moves, nibble the power cord when Im not looking :shock: and sit full face in the bit where the air blows out :lol:

oooh yes - I had forgotten the power cord problem - ours is dreadful - had to replace the last hoover because there were so many nibbles . .

Doughnut jumps around after it. She does always follow me around tho and is always under my feet, so think she's just doing the same as I move around. She gets excited when I head near the door to the kitchen and sits there waiting for me to open it, hoping I'll take pity on her and give her a pellet.

I don't think she really gets scared of noises though as fireworks don't bother her. She does get frightened of smells though. When I cleaned the wooden flooring she was stamping her foot for about 20 mins and wouldn't come out, then leaned as forward as possible without stepping out on to it!

Fiver sulks when I use the hoover, usually sits on the window sill or under the bed and glares at it. Xena hops around the room trying to find somewhere "safe" but never seems to find just the right spot. :lol: I hate scaring her but I have no choice! I hoover once a week and she STILL legs it when she sees me pull the hoover in. :roll:

Chloe hates the hoover! I put her in her cage so she can hide away but she runs up to the end, thumps, runs back to the hidey corner, back out, thump etc etc

It was a nice day yesterday so I put her out in the run while I hoovered. She sat at the edge of her run watching me through the back door and yep I saw her little feet go "thump" :lol::lol:

Spenser doesn't like it, but it's not so much fear as the intrusion to his private space he seems to mind! :lol:

I'm surprised the royal Spencer has tolerated his invasion of privacy without giving you any orders to get out and stay out :lol:

Back