• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best way to section off a shed for rabbits?

Bugalugs

Warren Scout
Just wondering if i could pick your brains again? OH has agreed to let me section of half of the shed for the buns ( i will then be installing a catflap leading into their new aviary ).

Firstly, i'm unsure as to the best height. Ideally i'd like it to be high enough that the buns won't jump over it, and low enough that I can step over it avoiding the need for a door. Would three foot be adequate height or will that be too low?

Secondly, do you think a wire partition would be ok? Or would a solid wooden wall be better?

Am keen to get cracking on it tomorrow before he has chance to change his mind!

Why don't you invest in a couple of aviary panels, one with a door and one without - that way you can step through the door easily, but you can be safe in the knowledge that they won't be able to get out.

You can usually get them in 6ft by 3ft, so depending on how wide your shed was you could just buy them/get them custom made/make them yourself?

ETA: just seen you didn't want to have a door on it :oops: sorry

Back