• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alright, time to fess up, be honest people:

Zara

Mama Doe
how many times has YOUR rabbit nearly murdered you? :lol: Or sent you flying?

Jack's going through a very clingy phase right now where he seems to be glued to me, constantly following me around/sitting on me/etc, problem is I've tripped over him several times because of how close he gets to my feet when I'm walking around the house. I keep worrying I'll fall over and squish him, but will mist likely just fall flat on my face and break my nose or something :roll:

Rascal once caused me to nearly fall all the way down the stairs by deciding to jump onto my HEAD when I was carrying him downstairs, and I tripped. I saved myself from a nasty tumble by grabbing the railing for dear life.

Now I want to hear all about your dastardly bunnies "murder" attempts/near misses with accidents, so I don't feel like a complete tool :D

My rabbits have nearly tripped me over hundreds of times.

My old cat, however, did put me in hospital when he pushed me down the stairs when I was a kid and caused me to crack my head open :lol:

Ok I can win with this

My bun Calel - had serious aggression issues & was to be put to sleep. I got him. Had him three weeks - he seemed very confident - angry even. Walked in one day, & he charged at my feet that were in flip flops. I put my arm out gently to push him away. He grabbed onto my wrist & hung on.

He was locked on for several minutes - I was shaking my arm & screaming as you do:oops::roll:, My hand swelled up & I felt it "switch off". I stopped moving, & started crying. He let go.

Blood spurted in a wide arc across the ceiling as he had severed an artery. I called an ambulance successfully splattering blood across several walls in my house. Also met my next door neighbour for the first time while standing on the drive with my arm & a bloodied towel in the air.

Suffered nerve damage - no tendon damage luckily, had stitches - still get an irritating tingle in my hand & can't feel my thumb 5 years on.

Was on antibiotics for 6 weeks.

Still got him. He's somewhat mellowed:lol:

:shock::shock::shock: Ithink Angie65 has definitely won!! That is attempted murder for sure :lol::lol: Glad you've still got him and that he's not quite so "bitey" :lol:

Ouch Angie:shock:

Never had a bun that almost murdered me but my OH was almost electrocuted once due to chewed wires :lol::lol: I am sure there will be quite a few chewed wire stories..........

The first time I tried to bond Toshi and Paige, they both lunged at each-other, and so I stuck my bare foot between them. Paige ran away, but Toshi latched on to my foot and wouldn't let go. In the end I shook him off, but it was terrifying. And I still have the scar :p

Incidentally the same thing happened to my mom in the second bonding attempt. But of course now they like each-other :roll:

My rabbits have nearly tripped me over hundreds of times.

My old cat, however, did put me in hospital when he pushed me down the stairs when I was a kid and caused me to crack my head open :lol:

Now I have the funniest pics in my head...youre cats have never been a fan of you though, have they??:lol::lol::lol:

Ouch Angie:shock:

Never had a bun that almost murdered me but my OH was almost electrocuted once due to chewed wires :lol::lol: I am sure there will be quite a few chewed wire stories..........

Forgot about that one:D

First Bun Smirnoff - was ignorant & kept him in a 3 foot hutch all alone. He was grumpy & miserable. I heard about house rabbits - didn't hear about bun proofing. So I let him out, & went out.

Drying my hair that night - put wet hand on hairdryer lead & was flung with enough force against the wall to bite my lip & make it bleed.

I hate my rabbits:lol:

As lovely as it is for Stephen to come and greet me when I come through the front door, when I am carrying several bags full of nice breakable objects such as glasses and plates from my old house, it is not helpful to try and avoid standing on a tiny bunny! :roll:

I was not very successful, managed to drop a whole box, and I have never seen Stephen run so quickly away from me! :p

Since Pie was 11 weeks she follows me like a puppy. Now that I have Oberon it has doubled the likelihood of me breaking my neck due to excitable, clingy bunnies :lol:
I have also learnt never to walk around with a hot cup of tea/coffee because it has splashed on Pie before and made her skin a little red (she was fine) :/

Back