• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I so want them to binky

clarebasham2208

Warren Scout
Hello fellow rabbit lovers :wave:

I've done everything I can think of but I never get to see my little monsters binky. They live free range and have access to a large area including our kitchen, lounge and hallway. They can go into the bedrooms but they don't very often. We have laminate flooring so I assumed they weren't binkying because it's slippery, but I bought spongey floor tiles a month ago for all laminate areas and still no binkys :(

They do rolling flops ALLLL the time and sprint around the house like crazy in the evening and early morning and seem so happy, but what am I doing wrong? They have loads of toys, tunnels and jump up and down on the sofa like it's an obstacle course, they have unlimited hay, fresh greens everyday and a small amount of pellets twice a day. Both rabbits are in excellent health and had a check up last week. When they go to my parents house which is fully carpeted they binky like crazy! When I first bonded them they did a few binkys but none (that I've seen) since. They could off course be binkying like crazy when I'm in bed! My OH stays up late sometimes and has witnessed a few binkys. Maybe I need to replace all the laminate with carpet.....

Any idea would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

Clare x

Mine tend to only binky when they have grass under their feet, and even then a Sweep binky is very very rare. As soon as Hettie is let out she binkies all over the place, often jumping over Sweep while he is sat munching the grass :roll:

I have noticed carpet is definitely the best surface other than grass for binkies. maybe you could get an off cut from a shop to UN roll for playtime. The lengths we go to for these buns!

yuki very occasionally binkies because she has muscle issue but when she does its on carpet or grass and shes in the mood, the most binkies I saw her do was when I took the buns with me to visit my parents yuki loves it there she used to live there with me she must feel at home bless her, she gets all excited when she hears my mum call her.

Yuri binkies a lot I love it ^_______^ again its on grass or carpet

Thanks for the replies. I did buy 2 long runners for them to go crazy on, but they started treating them like an additional litter tray and then started eating them :roll: So I binned them as didn't want any tummy problems!

I'm seriously thinking about getting carpet but my OH thinks I'm crazy! I'll see if I can get some off cuts...

Some bunnies binky more than others, I know its a happy expression but just because they don't always do it doesn't necessarily mean they are unhappy. My smaller bunnies are a lot more binky crazy but my lop is too lazy to binky properly half the time. She still does bunny crazy sprints and seems full of life so I don't think she's any more unhappy than the other buns.

My BB cant binky,cant periscope or jump onto a bed or anything cos of his spine problems.

Louie never binkys in the house even though we have carpet, he saves them for when he is in the garden :D

I'd give anything to see Gypsy binky again :( she has arthritis in her spine. She used to do the most amazing leap up straight in the air 4 foot binkies :love: she was a proper wild little madam :lol: Now she does these funny little head binkies.

Storm does giant bun mini binkies, he just leaps slightly of the ground and shakes his bum :lol::love:

Stephen doesn't binky very often at all, and he doesn't bunny flop unless he's relaxing in his cage and yet I know he's a happy boy. When he gets all excited he'll binky as he runs around me when I sit on the floor to play with him but that's about it, and they're only little things, not big jumps!

I do wonder sometimes if he's happy but he seems contented. :?

Donny and Lola are always binkying :lol: and after 2 years of no binkies, Poppy is binkying again! :love: and all 3 constantly flop :lol: Leo however has only just started stretching his legs out :( I so wish I could see him flop/binky but I don't think he knows how :(

Doughnut doesn't binky on the grass. I've got wooden flooring and a rug and she always does a run up to the rug and then binkies on there. She did this the other day and then turned round and came back and did the same again, makes me laugh as she gets very high. She does sometimes binky on the wooden floor but goes flying after or just half a binky. She runs and then sort of flicks her back legs to the side. Reminds me of when people jump in the air and click their heels together like Morecombe and Wise. Not that I'm that old!!

She does them at least once a week.

Stephen doesn't binky very often at all, and he doesn't bunny flop unless he's relaxing in his cage and yet I know he's a happy boy. When he gets all excited he'll binky as he runs around me when I sit on the floor to play with him but that's about it, and they're only little things, not big jumps!

I do wonder sometimes if he's happy but he seems contented. :?

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only that worries about the lack of binky time! I did catch Bobak doing little head shake binkys this morning though! :thumb:

aw bless Bobak :love:

Bee is such a funny one .. some days its in the form of binks, somedays its head binks, somedays its flops, somedays its running round and round with twigs in his mouth .. I think its just when the mood takes them ...

I gave him some mint last night he took it and nommed it all down and hopped off ... out comes my mum and says "bunski nanny has mint come get it" he took it and then ran off and did the biggest binky ever ... He also is a monkey when I get my phone out to take pictures he instantly stops :lol::lol::lol:

I bet Bobak is a happy bunny specially as he has Dusty as well as his hoomin slaves :)

Back