• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've found a rabbit. Can anyone take it? (stoke on trent) URGENT

I found a rabbit this morning in stoke on trent. I have put it in the shed but cannot keep it more than one day. It is white with black stripe markings. We have dogs and my daughter is allergic to rabbits so this rabbit must be taken today. Can anybody help? Unable to drive at the moment due to health conditions so it needs collecting.

Last edited:
Hello

right have you asked the neighbors on your street if the rabbit is theirs? He/she may have got out their garden.

while your waiting to see if someone fetches the bun could you put some water in a bowl in the shed so the bun has some water to drink

if you can advertise you have found it rang the vets and reported you have found it. id help but i have 3 males awaiting rescue space
keep us updated x

I've put up a couple of signs but nothing.

As much as I love animals, I don't have the time, or money, to ring around places etc.

Hi

Could you possibly go back to original post and add 'VERY URGENT' to title? I think there should be room enough.

Have you rung the rspca? they still deal with strays. You can tell them you've corralled it in to the shed but can't keep it due to allergies.

I don't think we have an RSPCA here. I feel so harsh saying it can't stay, but as daughter is allergic and we have a terrier cross who is already going mad every time she goes into the garden. It has water

Can it eat dog biscuits or is that a big no-no?

I don't think we have an RSPCA here. I feel so harsh saying it can't stay, but as daughter is allergic and we have a terrier cross who is already going mad every time she goes into the garden. It has water

Dog biscuits are most likely unsuitable. The best thing you could give the rabbit is hay but assuming that you can't get hold of any easily then any grass (big old tough grass if you have a choice) and dandelions, just to keep him ticking over until someone can arrange help for him.

If I was in your local area I'd come and get him but unfortunately I'm about 3 hours away.:(

its a no no

have you got any apples or carrots

I hope someone can adopt him :)

Dog food would be really bad, rabbits are herbivores so they shouldn't have meat.

where abouts are you in relation to the train station?

I have a disability so cant walk far but may be able to get to stoke on trent train station

If you are calling rspca you will need to call the nationl helpline and have him/her taken by an inspector most branches dont take in strays

This rabbit really shouldn't be taken out of the local area. Especially if it was only found this morning. The owner may not yet be aware he or she is missing, and may not have spotted the signs yet.

Last edited:
Back