• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Struggling

Bobbybobtail

Warren Scout
Just wanted to moan to bunny people who understand because I'm sick of comments such as "it's only a rabbit".
Seem to be having bad luck with my buns at the moment and it makes me down. We lost Pepe Patty 6 weeks ago and that was bad enough. Now Woody has a horrible abscess and is having it excised and an X ray for the second time tomorrow.
My bunnies mean so much to me. I know other people on here feel the same way about theirs. I just can't face anyone at the moment as they really don't understand the worry I'm going through.
I'm not on these forums much but they truly are a godsend to me.

I know exactly what you mean. Some people really just dont get it when it comes to how special Rabbits are.

I really hope that all goes well for Woody tomorrow. The waiting can be torturous but at least Woody does not have that worry. With Bunnies they live in the moment and they dont think of what may or may not happen in the future. Sometimes I wish I were more able to do the same !!

Thank you both.
Yes you are right- Woody doesnt remember that he had a general anaestheic a week ago and he certainly doesnt know what he's going in for tomorrow!
I always tell people that my rabbits are like dogs to me and normally get some strange looks!
Thanks for the support.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of Pepe Patty. These dear little animals really do touch our hearts.

Wishing Woody all the best. xxxxxx Come on little one.

Hope things pick up soon, I totally sympathise. I've had a rough patch with the buns lately too, I've lost three this year, two only two days apart, not to mention been in and out of the vets with several others. I seem to never endlessly be nursing poorly bunnies and its such a struggle and worry but no-one outside this forum gets it, even my husband doesn't really understand. Hopefully things are turning around for us now, and Im sure it will for you too.

*hug*

Dont worry its just how people are brought up and how people are... if its not a dog or cat then its "only" a whatever

Yayyyyyy!!!! He's home. It's not in his jaw and his teeth are fine!
So, it's an abscess only that we are dealing with. I'm so relieved. Now need to find a way of stopping his girlfriend licking the honey off his wound lol.
My 8 year old was quite insightful this evening- he commented that when the rabbits were ok, then I am happy and when they are sick I look much older!
:D

Back