• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

whoops fell out wth our vets - vibes for sox (he's great now)

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
how fast a rabbit can go downhill one minute munching grass, next minute hunching up inside refusing hay, carrots, treats and even alittle infacol, which normallyl he would dive for the taste when he needs it
i know it was late on in afternoon ie 5pm, but after all the money they have had from me these last years, and they said we can;t see you, it will have to be tomorrow morning now , to which replied he could be dead by then, i am not going to lose another rabbit a year after losing dear locks, so they got n touch wth sister practice, and we ran stragiht up there in car with sox, they saw him straight away gave him drugs, painkillers gut stimulant, recognised nurse soon as i went in as once worked at other vets, so that was good, the vet he seemed to know what he was talkng about ie rabbit savy, and sox is to go back for check up tomorrow, luckily he has come home and tucked into recovery food without me syringing it
vet said i was very quick to notice something was wrong, and was right to get him there asap

Last edited:
Well done for speaking up for Sox. I hope he will be 100% better very soon xx

thanks there was no way i was going to wait as i could see he was in pain, and i wasn't going to risk losing him, it was a nurse who answered phone i know which one, one of the older newer ones there, they seemed nice at this other vets and sox is picking up abit now has had some food which is a good sign :thumb:

Are you in York mini lop? Just wondered which were the good and bad vets and had a feeling that you were in York too.

Loads of vibes for him!

In case it's any use (although it looks like you've found a great vet) the Park Vets in Prestwich have been great in an emergency. I had to rush Grimlock down there when I was at my parents when he ran into my knee and his nose and eyes were bleeding. They didn't even know his history but they were so quick to sort him out and very savvy.

They probably meant that they didn't have the emergency service or just that noone was available which was why they had to send you to another practice. Often they assume that people are not willing to travel for 'just a rabbit' as well.

Hope Sox is better soon xx

sox is ok only nibbling but did eat his veg last night, his poops are still abit tiny, but he seems bright enough, he spent day at vets, just collected him now, he
came home with a goodie bag, full of ss goodies which he will like as i feed ss anyway
the nurse said he is a lovely looking rabbit, i said in know :oops: :lol:

he got go back tomorrow evening for check up

Back