• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crematorium in Essex

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I'm likely to imminently need one. I vaguely remember someone on here found a really nice, personal, family run (?) crem.

Does anyone have the details for it? Or for another, similar sort of thing.

We've run out of space in our garden. Having them cremated breaks my heart (irrationally) so I want to have them done by someone who genuinely cares and from what I remember, the people that run the service I mentioned did seem to care about what they did.

Equally, if anyone happens to know of one in Suffolk (where I live) or Norfolk, that would be fine too. I only mentioned Essex because I remember that someone on here had mentioned on previously.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

This is the one we have used for both Lily and Erin: http://www.norfolkpetcrematorium.com/index.php

It is connected with our vets and in my experience has been extremely professional and caring in both cases. The crematorium is family run and when I've had to make that awful call (with a big lump in my throat) they definitely sensed how upset I was and were very kind and gentle.

From a practical point of view there are a variety of urns and caskets you can choose from and you can ask to have your pet's name added etc if you wish. The whole process has taken about ten days or so on both occasions. Both times they have sent a little homemade card with some kind words / little verse which has always given me peace of mind that they really do care.

I don't think something like this is ever easy to choose-just knowing my precious bunny is in somebody elses hands makes me feel very stressed and on edge (irrational probably too) but I really have felt we have had good experiences with them.

Thanks Karen - yes most of us Essex folks seem to use sunnyfields, it's quite near Braintree. It is in a bit of a random place but the people are absolutely lovely, very caring and they only do individual cremations so they can book you in a good slot of time so you don't feel rushed when you go to drop off or pick up (i think they will also collect if you want them to). There is a really sweet little chapel of rest and it is as lovely as you can expect somewhere so sad to be.

Hugs xxx

Santa recommended this one on the forum quite a while ago; I made a note of it at the time and, thankfully, haven't had need of it yet. I'm not sure if this would be the one you're thinking of but Santa spoke very highly of them.

http://www.sunnyfieldspetcrematorium.co.uk/

Thanks Karen - yes most of us Essex folks seem to use sunnyfields, it's quite near Braintree. It is in a bit of a random place but the people are absolutely lovely, very caring and they only do individual cremations so they can book you in a good slot of time so you don't feel rushed when you go to drop off or pick up (i think they will also collect if you want them to). There is a really sweet little chapel of rest and it is as lovely as you can expect somewhere so sad to be.

Hugs xxx

That's exactly the one :) Thanks so much both of you.

Back