• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How does the combi vaccine work?

Jess2107

Warren Scout
Is it the same as a dog/horse/cat vaccine? Will they need it doing again after 4 weeks?
Iv never had vaccinations for bunnies before but I want to start lavender being vaccinated
x

i haven't used the combi vaccine yet but as i understand, it is a once a year injection. both mixi and vhd combined and given together and lasts the full year instead of a 2 week gap between each and the mixi having to be done every 6 months.

2 of my girls are due in august and should be getting it by then. i had one of my boys done recently but my vet was still using stocks of the old style vaccine so we had to go along with that.

Thanks, Ill be ringing up a few different vets anyway for different prices and see if they actually do it.. just didnt fancy keep taking her back for secondry courses as shes not a big fan of being handelled! Very stroppy! :lol:

I believe that most vets are stocking the new combi vaccines now so you should be in luck. Yep it's just one jab and then that's that for the year. My 2 were babies when it came out so it was perfect timing. I'm not sure they even noticed it happening, they just bumbled around and tried to explore the vets :roll:

Iv just rung 3 of my local vets up I use for prices.. Do these sound about right.. they seem cheap to me? :?

Arncliffe- £29.12
Abbey vets cudworth- £24.95
Vets4pets- Dont do it as the manger wasnt happy with it, something to do with guarentees.. or something along the lines.. ?

Iv just rung 3 of my local vets up I use for prices.. Do these sound about right.. they seem cheap to me? :?

Arncliffe- £29.12
Abbey vets cudworth- £24.95
Vets4pets- Dont do it as the manger wasnt happy with it, something to do with guarentees.. or something along the lines.. ?
why not give Peak vets in woodseats a ring they are cheaper !

Back