• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pebbles has two marks from Rosie

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
I was feeding them last night and noticed 2 marks (about the size of 5p piece) where Pebbles had fur missing. I checked him and his hair had been cut short. No bites on the skin or scabs, just the fur had been bitten short by Rosie to a couple of mm.

I was thinking that she could be bored and frustrated since the awful wind and rain has stopped them from being able to have a good run around. Could that be the reason?

could be overgroomng if no inflammatiion or sgns of mites, could be due to moult or if recently been vaccinated

No he hasn't been vaccinated recently. I also asked a week or so ago about Rosie's almost aggressive grooming where she would (what it looked it) nibble and tug at one of Pebbles shoulders (where these recent marks are) and asked if it could be a problem.

A few more toys and a bit more of a run out could sort it.It sounds to me like an overgroom...happens quite a bit.Lily overgroomed BB (he had eyebrows and a beard) and then when Lily died BB pulled out all his fur too....

Is there any way to help stop her doing it? I know she was probably a little frustrated recently as with all the downpour and 20+mph winds they haven't had a chance to get out and play. Just don't want her to accidentally catch his skin or make him hairless :roll:

What toys do you guys suggest? The only thing I know she likes are things she can chew and eat like twigs and willow balls. Any other stuff you might know of? Thanks :)

Nice chewy stuff..apple twigs,,(get them on here), willow balls etc,hawthorn sticks etc.Its been rubbish weather i know...:roll:

Yeah it has been dreadful. One night I had to sit and wait until about 11 for a break in the rain so I could go feed them without letting their food and bedding getting drenched. But luckily since it was lovely today they got a nice long play :D

I do have a box of some apple twigs from here on the forum but she seems to have gone off them a little...Maybe they are a little too old or something :roll: Might have to go hunting for a variety of twigs and things...

Yeah it has been dreadful. One night I had to sit and wait until about 11 for a break in the rain so I could go feed them without letting their food and bedding getting drenched. But luckily since it was lovely today they got a nice long play :D

I do have a box of some apple twigs from here on the forum but she seems to have gone off them a little...Maybe they are a little too old or something :roll: Might have to go hunting for a variety of twigs and things...

Theres loads at the moment for foraging...crisp it all up in a warm oven,NOM!

Back