• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumper and his meds.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Thumper is now on panacur and fortekor. I was worried about giving him the 1/5th of a fortekor tablet. I grind it up in strawberry and apple baby food and he is literally biting the spoon to eat it. He's such a lovey boy. Friendly, curious and happy, even while ill.
046.jpg

Yes Yvette, he is in chronic kidney failure. We are trying to find out how to treat it, I did post on rabbit health but only 2 people answered- thank you to those who did.

Yes Yvette, he is in chronic kidney failure. We are trying to find out how to treat it, I did post on rabbit health but only 2 people answered- thank you to those who did.

This is my Groover too.Hes 6 yrs old.A very old 6.....and hes suffering a bit.

Sorry who is Groover. If Thumper was a cat, it would be no problem, but my vets have never dealt with a rabbit in CRF. I had to suggest fortekor and anabolic steriods but they are not really sure of doses. Thanks to lilbun, I have an idea of what to tell them. Still I don't know if I can do anything else.

Sorry who is Groover. If Thumper was a cat, it would be no problem, but my vets have never dealt with a rabbit in CRF. I had to suggest fortekor and anabolic steriods but they are not really sure of doses. Thanks to lilbun, I have an idea of what to tell them. Still I don't know if I can do anything else.

Hes my last remaining ferret...living with my friend and her ferrets as when Groovy lost his girls, I felt it wasnt a sensible idea to get another ferret because of monies and bunnies....

I'm a bit worried Thumper may be the same, his urea and creatinine were high but we have no idea how he will respond to treatment so are trying. Even if we can extend he life, he and Molly have been together for nearly 5 years and are very close, I'm not sure how she will cope without him. Mitzi needs to be tested again soon too because her kidney enzymes were above normal the last test so I may end up with her on medication too. Again, her son is bonded to her, so they have been together for 6 years, all his life.

Groover has lost so much weight, its indicitive that hes too far gone,moves slow,admittedly hes eating but hes drinking excessively.Hes an old,old man.
I feel like a bag of brown stuff, but Bennie is letting me have his little body so his spirit can run in the garden with the other 3.

Thank you, he is a lovely lad.
Looking at him this morning though I don't think I will be seeing his handsome, cheeky face for much longer.:cry:

Back