• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The new set up: Making a start!! *pics*

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Well I thought I better make a start on the very daunting task of preparing the area for the new run and hutch, seen as its the 1st fine day iv had off in weeks! Bare in mind I am doing this all by myself (which is why I'm sooooo happy to have found the people who will deliver and erect the run and hutch!!!) so I am a little scared now...

1st job, pull the fence down...
fc132312.jpg

Next to move the hutch (which was pretty much embedded into the ground!!) whilst keeping an eye out for bunny escapees while my barricades were down!!!
e4c7e87d.jpg

Where's our house gone?! This is a very strange day!! (Check out all the sawdust and straw that's ended up under there!! Found a few big spiders and snails aswell!!)
747fcfac.jpg

Oh here's our house... This is very confusing!
bb0726d1.jpg

Yep im pretty sure this is our house!
6648fad9.jpg

What a stressful day!!
ed0c1514.jpg

d64d02e2.jpg

What sort of bun is your grey one?
Looks just like my Dolly Boobies! Give me back my rabbit!:lol::lol:

Haha she mine!!!! I don't know, the place where I got her wasn't very good tbh but she was so beautiful I had to have her! Summer (the fawn one) is a no-mane lion head and Skye is almost identical in shape although a little smaller than Summer so I think she may be the same or a crossbreed. I know the place she came from often had lion heads and unusual colourings so I presume they used the same breeder. I don't care, to me she's just perfect!! :D

You;ve been busy! looking good and thanks for the photos of your wonderful Bunnies.
Carol

Thanks :D My bunnies looked so cramped in there I keep picturing them in their new huge set up :lol: but that is where they like to sit! Even today I opened the hutch for some free range garden time and lazy Summer popped out for 2 mins then went back to that spot in the hutch! Bit further on now, iv dug the patch for the new run, just stressing over security now!!
c166ff33.jpg

ooooh this is exciting - youve worked hard! Your buns are so pretty!:love:

I guess for security under the run...Im just presuming...you can either lay slabs and have a large grow bed with soil , grass etc...or dig down and lay slabs or mesh...or if oyu can get one of those old security gates with the really thick metals...dig down and stick that under the soil...just brainstorming abit!:roll::lol:

Cant wait to see the pics!:D

ooooh this is exciting - youve worked hard! Your buns are so pretty!:love:

I guess for security under the run...Im just presuming...you can either lay slabs and have a large grow bed with soil , grass etc...or dig down and lay slabs or mesh...or if oyu can get one of those old security gates with the really thick metals...dig down and stick that under the soil...just brainstorming abit!:roll::lol:

Cant wait to see the pics!:D

My brain is fried from all the storms :lol: Just got a roll of mesh delivered today (eBay bargain!), I'm just putting mesh down and returfing. Run will partly go on the paving stones. Just a bit bothered about it being level. Got a paving slab to fill the gap at the back but the ground there is like all stones and rubble in like a hard plaster :? so I kinda think im not gonna be able to do it and might not bother!! Thinking of putting a den there and just putting bark chips or something. So hard as ur going along, and not got much done with the weather and im working major long hrs this wk I'm too tired to do anything! Nice weather needed this weekend please :roll: Hopefully hutch and run will be ordered within the next wk so that's very exciting!! Thanks for the encouragement :wave:

Back