• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ferplast Rabbit 140 Cages

scatter

Alpha Buck
Hi,

Further to my last thread, I am now considering getting two of the newer 140 cages and putting them side by side (there is a ramp at the side, so this would mean they could go in between the two.

I was just wondering if anybody else had any experience of this cage?:)

I have not seen your other thread - but the problem with nearly all these cages is that the bun cannot sit up properly with ears up, or periscope, or stretch up -

in most cases a very large dog crate is best.

Up until yesterday Chloe had 3 ferplast 100's together and itworks well for us, we havent put any ramps in as she seems to like running from end to end with the 2 'jumps' on the way :lol:

She has only got 2at the moment as we had to remove one to house Morris upstairs but as she gets tons of free range time anyway the smaller area for a while shouldnt be too much of a problem :)

I have not seen your other thread - but the problem with nearly all these cages is that the bun cannot sit up properly with ears up, or periscope, or stretch up -

in most cases a very large dog crate is best.

I should add that Chloe is a fairly small bunny so she can stand up/periscope in hers. I wouldnt advise them if you have a bigger bun

I used to do that and they weren't tall enough. What about a C&C/NIC/mesh panel cage instead?

Last week we got a puppy pen for our lionhead. It was much cheaper and bigger than all the dog crates wee looked at and has unlimited headroom! :thumb:

We hinged 4 pieces of plywood and fixed them to the wall on wooden batons either side of a corner of the room so they fold back like a concertina leaving the corner open while the buns are out and about, 3 doors have squares cut out and mash fixed in, one is cut in half like a barn door so I can put food in without being tripped up when they start running circles!

We've been able to build little wooden houses for them, put grass boxes in on lino and fix batons onto the wall to hang string from with boxes and loo rolls attached to them and have the base of a ferplast 140 as their little try in the corner. It is a fairly permanant instalation as it'll need a bit of pollyfiller on the walls if we ever take it out but it's the perfect base for them and I don't feel like it takes up too much of the room.

Back